“Had my professors not taken us on the 'Hollywood Productions: Up Close' class trip, I would not have met who I needed to meet in order to make my L.A. connections.”
Joseph Morabito '06
Associate Producer, 'Dancing with the Stars'
- American Educational Research Association Honors Dr. Anne Benoit
- CC8's Coverage of Boston Marathon Bombings Recognized by National Broadcasting Society
- Curry College Partners with Big Brothers Big Sisters
- More News >
- Accepted Student Day 2014
- Commencement 2014
- New Student Orientation 2014: First-Year Students
June 9 - June 22
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- Majors, Minors, and Concentrations /
- Majors /
- Politics and History /
- Useful Websites
- U.S. Census - U.S. Bureau of Census provides data on many aspects of American government and life.
- United States Statistical Abstract - Great source for U.S. statistics, compiled by the Census Bureau, going back to 1878.
- FedStats - The Federal Interagency Council on Statistical Policy. Look up any topic and then be linked to the relevant government agencies.
- FirstGov - Serves as a single point of entry to every service and department of the federal government. FirstGov is maintained by the U.S. General Services Administration.
- The White House
- U.S. House of Representatives
- U.S. Senate
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Massachusetts Primary Law - (Constitution, Executive Orders, Code of Mass. Regulations, Commission Reports). Not complete, as not all Massachusetts agencies have online information.
- Massachusetts City and Town Bylaws and Ordinances (unofficial)
- U.S. Code
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Cornell University Legal Information Institute
- Massachusetts Trial Court Libraries
STATE AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT
- State Laws: Cases, Codes, Statutes and Regulations (from Findlaw)
- Stateline - A publication of the Pew Center on the States with information on policy and politics.
- Statescape - For up-to-date analysis on state policies, pending legislation, and regulations.
- State and Local Government on the Net - Provides a directory of state, county, and city government web sites.
- National Governors Association - Website of the NGA, focusing on the national agenda of the organization.
- Council of State Governments - Features a wide range of policy analyses on state government.
- National League of Cities - Organization advocating on behalf of the needs of American cities.
- National Assocation of Counties - Publishes information of interest to county government officials and researchers.
NEWS AND POLITICAL COMMENTARY
- American Prospect
- The Economist
- Mother Jones
- National Review
- The New Republic
- Time Magazine
- Weekly Standard
- U.S. News and World Report
NATIONAL SECURITY AND COUNTERTERRORISM
- Foreign Military Studies Office
- Combatting Terrorism Center (West Point) - Includes Project Harmony, with reports on worldwide terrorism and primary sources uncovered from Al-Qaeda and other Salafists groups.
- Counterterrorism Blog
- Potomac Institute's International Center for Terrorism Studies
- Jebsen Center for Counter-terrorism Studies at the Fletcher School (Tufts University)
The Pre-Law Club is for students who are interested in law school. They can gather to discuss LSAT preparation, law school applications, and law school expectations.
The Currier Times and curriertimes.net are Curry College's student-produced news publications. Students blog, cover breaking campus news, write feature stories, and produce photo slideshows, podcasts and videos and gain a wealth of experience in print publishing, including long-form writing, copyediting, photography, photo editing and page design.