“As a student with an LD, my biggest fear in high school was raising my hand in class, and not knowing the answer. But now, especially when I meet with my PAL advisor, I have more confidence and I feel like I'm more prepared to participate in class.”
Brandon Traina '11
Major: Criminal Justice
- Curry College Celebrates Commencement 2013
- Awards Recognition Ceremony Celebrates the Best of Curry 2012-2013
- Curry College Equestrian Places 5th at National Championship Competition
- More News >
- New Student Orientation 2013: First-Year Students
June 6 - June 20
- New Student Orientation 2013: Transfer Students
July 18 - August 1
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- Special Programs /
- PAL - Program for Advancement of Learning /
- Educational Diagnostic Center
Educational Diagnostic Center
The Educational Diagnostic Center (EDC) in PAL at Curry College is a comprehensive evaluation and testing center specializing in the learning needs of adolescents and adults. The Diagnostic Center welcomes adolescents and adults in need of learning strategies, long-term educational plans, and better understanding of their learning profiles.
The EDC offers the following services:
- Psycho-educational assessment
- Profile of strengths and weaknesses
- Documentation of a need for accommodations
- Second opinion evaluations
- Dynamic assessment
- Diagnostic teaching
- Tutoring services
The Educational Diagnostic Center continues the Curry College commitment to personalized education. Providing a strength-based, team approach to diagnostic testing, the evaluators of the EDC are dedicated to understanding each individual's learning strengths and challenges. Our staff includes special educators and learning disabilities specialists, registered educational therapists, school psychologists, and educational psychologists, all of whom are masters or doctoral level trained.
For information please contact:
Sanne Dinkel, Educational Diagnostic Center Interim Coordinator @ 617-333-2313 or e-mail her at email@example.com .
NOTE: Dr. Nancy Winbury, EDC Coordinator, is on sabbatical in the spring 2013 semester and Profesor Dinkel will handle all EDC business during that time.