“As a student with an LD, my biggest fear in high school was raising my hand in class, and not knowing the answer. But now, especially when I meet with my PAL advisor, I have more confidence and I feel like I'm more prepared to participate in class.”
Brandon Traina '11
Major: Criminal Justice
- Communication Students Experience Hollywood, Up Close
- Trustee Joyce A. Murphy Honored by Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce, Massachusetts Health Council, and Boston Globe Magazine
- Communication Major Elaina Druid '16 Awarded "Emerging Leader Scholarship" by Public Relations Society of America
- More News >
- 'Layers': MGNE National Juried Student Exhibition of Monotypes & Monoprints
February 1 - March 14
- Free Concert: 'Heartbeat' - Israeli and Palestinian Youth Musicians
- Accepted Student Day 2015
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- Special Programs /
- PAL - Program for Advancement of Learning /
- Apply - PAL
Apply - PAL
The Program for Advancement of Learning (PAL) is designed for students who have a primary diagnosis of a language-based learning disability, executive functioning weaknesses, and/or AD/HD, and who have at least average to superior intellectual ability. Space is limited; therefore, each application is evaluated carefully to identify students whose needs best match the nature of support offered in PAL. All applicants must submit diagnostic materials that describe and support the above PAL admissions criteria. Applicants may also submit the optional PAL Supplementary Questionnaire.
PAL Supplementary Questionnaire
Printed Application Instructions:
*Please submit (by email, fax, or mail) directly to the PAL Learning Center:
- Diagnostic testing (read below)
- Individual Education Plan (IEP) or its equivalent, if available
- PAL Supplementary Questionnaire (optional) - complete online form here: PAL Supplementary Questionnaire
Note: SAT, SAT 1, or ACT scores are NOT required of PAL applicants, unless applying for the Nursing program.
The PAL Learning Center
1071 Blue Hill Avenue
Milton, MA 02186
When sending documents by email attachment please include the student's name in the subject line so the information gets to the correct office.
We will notify you if there is anything missing from your testing materials.
Diagnostic testing typically must be administered within three years of application and include:
A. Cognitive testing - Results from the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS-IV), the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC-IV), or other comprehensive cognitive tests, such as the Woodcock-Johnson Test of Cognitive Ability. Test results must be accompanied by a narrative report and subtest scores. Please note that the WASI (Wechsler Abbreviated Scale of Intelligence) or other abbreviated tests are not accepted.
B. Achievement testing- Results from an individually administered achievement test (e.g., Woodcock-Johnson, WIAT) indicating current levels in:
- Reading (word recognition and reading comprehension*)
- Written Language (spelling and written expression*)
- Math (computation and math reasoning ability*)
* Required achievement subtests
Diagnostic Testing Services: Contact Linda Camp, Educational Diagnostic Center at 617-333-2036 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about diagnostic testing services available through the Educational Diagnostic Center (EDC)
An interview with PAL is strongly recommended and may be required in some cases. Please contact the PAL Learning Center at 617-333-2250 or email PAL@Curry.edu to schedule your appointment. Most interviews are held Mon. - Fri. between 9 am and 3 pm.
Group Information Sessions
PAL will be offering Group Information Sessions throughout the fall. Please call 617-333-2250 or email PAL@Curry.edu for available dates and to reserve a space in one of our upcoming sessions.
In case of inclement weather, please check the Curry web page for school closing notifications www.curry.edu. If Curry College is closed, PAL will not be conducting interviews or group information sessions.
Please note: The PAL office will retain matriculated PAL student admission records, including psycho-educational evaluations and other supporting admission documents, for seven (7) years after degree completion or withdrawal from Curry College
PAL Admission Coordinator - Dr. Nancy Wnbury - email@example.com or 617.333.2314
PAL Admission Counselor - Tish Pieper - firstname.lastname@example.org - 617.333.2079