“The PAL program at Curry College has helped me to become a strong writer and has given me the confidence to ask for help when I need it. ”
Katie Russell '11
Major: Criminal Justice , Psychology
- Curry Colonel Appears on Fox 25 to Promote Upcoming “College Tour”
- Welcome New Faculty!
- Class of 2018 Welcomed at New Student Academic Convocation
- More News >
- The Keighton Fund of Curry College Presents, 'The Song Cycle: Beethoven and Schumann'
- Millennial Workplace Expert Lindsey Pollak to Headline 5th Annual Curry College Senior Conference
- Fall 2014 Open House
October 26 - November 2
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- Special Programs /
- PAL - Program for Advancement of Learning /
- Apply - PAL
Apply - PAL
The Program for Advancement of Learning (PAL) is designed for students who have a primary diagnosis of a language-based learning disability, executive functioning weaknesses, and/or AD/HD, and who have at least average to superior intellectual ability. Space is limited; therefore, each application is evaluated carefully to identify students whose needs best match the nature of support offered in PAL. All applicants must submit diagnostic materials that describe and support the above PAL admissions criteria. Applicants may also submit the optional PAL Supplementary Questionnaire.
PAL Supplementary Questionnaire
Printed Application Instructions:
*Please submit (by email, fax, or mail) directly to the PAL Learning Center:
- Diagnostic testing (read below)
- Individual Education Plan (IEP) or its equivalent, if available
- PAL Supplementary Questionnaire (optional) - complete online form here: PAL Supplementary Questionnaire
Note: SAT, SAT 1, or ACT scores are NOT required of PAL applicants, unless applying for the Nursing program.
The PAL Learning Center
1071 Blue Hill Avenue
Milton, MA 02186
When sending documents by email attachment please include the student's name in the subject line so the information gets to the correct office.
We will notify you if there is anything missing from your testing materials.
Diagnostic testing typically must be administered within three years of application and include:
- Cognitive testing - Results from the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS-IV), the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC-IV), or other comprehensive cognitive tests, such as the Woodcock-Johnson Test of Cognitive Ability. Test results must be accompanied by a narrative report and subtest scores. Please note that the WASI (Wechsler Abbreviated Scale of Intelligence) is not accepted.
- Achievement testing- Results from an individually administered achievement test (e.g., Woodcock-Johnson, WIAT) indicating current levels in:
- Reading (word recognition and reading comprehension)
- Written Language (must include written expression)
- Math (computation and math reasoning ability)
- The WRAT, or other abbreviated achievement measures, are not accepted.
- Additionally, please submit an Individual Education Plan (IEP) or its equivalent, if available.
*Please note: The PAL office will retain PAL student admission records, including psycho-ed evaluations and other supporting admission documents, for seven (7) years after degree completion or withdrawal from Curry College.
Contact: Dr. Nancy Winbury, Educational Diagnostic Center/PAL Admission Coordinator at 617-333-2314 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about diagnostic testing available through the Educational Diagnostic Center.
An interview with PAL is strongly recommended and may be required in some cases. Please contact the PAL Learning Center by email, PAL@Curry.edu or 617-333-2250, with questions. Most interviews are held Mon. - Fri. between 9 am and 3 pm.
In case of inclement weather, please check back to the Curry website for school closing notifications. If Curry is closed, PAL will not be conducting interviews.
Group Information Sessions
PAL will be offering Group Information Sessions throughout the fall. Please call 617-333-2250 or email PAL@Curry.edu for available dates and to reserve a space in one of our upcoming sessions.
In case of inclement weather, please check back to the Curry website for school closing notifications. If Curry College is closed, PAL will not be conducting interviews or group information sessions.
Please note: The PAL office will retain matriculated PAL student admission records, including psycho-educational evaluations and other supporting admission documents, for seven (7) years after degree completion or withdrawal from Curry College