“It's great that Curry has shuttles going into Boston so we could do things like go to Celtics and Bruins games throughout the season.”
Monica Distefano '14
6th Grade Math Teacher
Major: Elementary Education
- Communication Major Elaina Druid '16 Awarded "Emerging Leader Scholarship" by Public Relations Society of America
- Hall of Fame Sportswriter Bob Ryan Featured at Littlefield Lecture Series Event
- Curry College Featured on Fox 25 “College Tour”
- More News >
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities Navigate the College Search
- 'Layers': MGNE National Juried Student Exhibition of Monotypes & Monoprints
February 1 - March 14
- Accepted Student Day 2015
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- Tuition & Financial Aid /
- Work Study
Federal Work Study (FWS)
Federal Work Study (FWS) is a federally funded program that provides both on-campus and community service part-time employment opportunities to Curry students with financial need, enrolled at least half time. Unlike other financial aid awards, work study earnings do not reduce tuition charges and therefore, this award is not deducted from the tuition bill. This program was developed by the federal government to provide eligible students with an opportunity to help themselves in meeting some of their out-of-pocket educational expenses.
The program is subsidized by the federal government and the College provides a matching allocation. Work Study students must work to earn the amount of their academic award. Students will receive a bi-weekly pay check for the number of hours that they work. As funds are limited, eligible students will receive notice of their eligibility to participate in federal Work Study on their Financial Aid Award letter. Students are required to complete a FAFSA annually for consideration. Curry College's Human Resources Office manages the hiring process for students with this award.
Questions about eligibility should be directed to Student Financial Services. If you have any questions about the student employment hiring process including available jobs please view the Student Work Study Employment section of the website or contact Human Resources on campus in the King Building or call 617-333-2263.