“It's really nice to walk by people and have friendly faces that you see every day. It really becomes your home when you're here.”
Jessica Lorento '16
- Dr. Karen Lischinsky's Work with MA Restorative Justice Collaborative Continues to Garner National Attention
- Curry College Awarded Nursing Grant through Massachusetts Department of Higher Education
- Local Radio Host Robert Hakala, Jr. '96 Graces Cover of 'Cape & Plymouth Business' Magazine
- More News >
- New Student Orientation 2015: Transfer Students
- Art Exhibit: 'Absence & Presence - A Printmaking Response to the Bombing of Al-Mutanabbi Street'
August 28 - October 23
- Homecoming and Family Weekend 2015
September 25 - September 27
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- Tuition & Financial Aid /
- Work Study
Federal Work Study (FWS)
Federal Work Study (FWS) is a federally funded program that provides both on-campus and community service part-time employment opportunities to Curry students with financial need, enrolled at least half time. Unlike other financial aid awards, work study earnings do not reduce tuition charges and therefore, this award is not deducted from the tuition bill. This program was developed by the federal government to provide eligible students with an opportunity to help themselves in meeting some of their out-of-pocket educational expenses.
The program is subsidized by the federal government and the College provides a matching allocation. Work Study students must work to earn the amount of their academic award. Students will receive a bi-weekly pay check for the number of hours that they work. As funds are limited, eligible students will receive notice of their eligibility to participate in federal Work Study on their Financial Aid Award letter. Students are required to complete a FAFSA annually for consideration. Curry College's Human Resources Office manages the hiring process for students with this award.
Questions about eligibility should be directed to Student Financial Services. If you have any questions about the student employment hiring process including available jobs please view the Student Work Study Employment section of the website or contact Human Resources on campus in the King Building or call 617-333-2263.