“After taking one course at Curry, I knew I had made the right choice. I was so impressed with the fact that everyone from the teachers to the librarians would do whatever they could to make themselves available to me as a student, to make sure that I succeeded.”
Timothy Lenane '04
Major: M.A. in Criminal Justice Program
- Curry College Celebrates Commencement 2013
- Awards Recognition Ceremony Celebrates the Best of Curry 2012-2013
- Curry College Equestrian Places 5th at National Championship Competition
- More News >
- New Student Orientation 2013: First-Year Students
June 6 - June 20
- New Student Orientation 2013: Transfer Students
July 18 - August 1
- New Student Convocation 2013
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Resources and Services /
- Academic Resources /
- Academic Enrichment Center /
- Writing Assessment
Congratulations and welcome! In order to place you in a writing class that fits your needs, we ask that you follow the steps below and complete the Curry College Writing Assessment. Please note that you will not be able to schedule your courses until you have satisfied this placement requirement. We recommend that you finish the assessment within two weeks of receiving your New Student Packet and that you send it to us as soon as it is completed.
Here is a summary of what you will need to do:
- Print the 2-page set of directions and essay. Download Writing Assessment (PDF)
- Set aside approximately an hour in a quiet space to complete the essay.
- Make sure you have some lined 8 1/2 x 11 notebook paper and either a pen or pencil.
- Read the essay "What is Intelligence, Anyway?" and respond to the question in writing.
- Save all notes and outlines.
- Make a copy of the essay, notes, and outlines for yourself.
- Send the finished essay, together with notes and/or outlines to:
Writing Assessment - Academic Enrichment Center
1071 Blue Hill Ave.
Milton, MA 02186
Call us if you have any questions! Call Annemarie Koehler at (617) 333-2248 or e-mail her at email@example.com.