- Communication Major Elaina Druid '16 Awarded "Emerging Leader Scholarship" by Public Relations Society of America
- Hall of Fame Sportswriter Bob Ryan Featured at Littlefield Lecture Series Event
- Curry College Featured on Fox 25 “College Tour”
- More News >
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities Navigate the College Search
- 'Layers': MGNE National Juried Student Exhibition of Monotypes & Monoprints
February 1 - March 14
- Accepted Student Day 2015
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Resources and Services /
- Academic Resources /
- Academic Enrichment Center /
- Writing Assessment
Congratulations and welcome! In order to place you in a writing class that fits your needs, we ask that you follow the steps below and complete the Curry College Writing Assessment. Please note that you will not be able to schedule your courses until you have satisfied this placement requirement. We recommend that you finish the assessment within two weeks of receiving your New Student Packet and that you send it to us as soon as it is completed.
Here is a summary of what you will need to do:
- Print the 2-page set of directions and essay. Download Writing Assessment (PDF)
- Set aside approximately an hour in a quiet space to complete the essay.
- Make sure you have some lined 8 1/2 x 11 notebook paper and either a pen or pencil.
- Read the essay "What is Intelligence, Anyway?" and respond to the question in writing.
- Save all notes and outlines.
- Make a copy of the essay, notes, and outlines for yourself.
- Send the finished essay, together with notes and/or outlines to:
Writing Assessment - Academic Enrichment Center
1071 Blue Hill Ave.
Milton, MA 02186
By Scan or Email:
Questions? Call Annemarie Koehler at (617) 333-2248 or e-mail email@example.com.