- Welcome New Faculty!
- Psychology Professor Dr. Eric Weiser Studies the Relationship of "Selfies" and Narcissism in Latest Publication
- Dr. Susan LaRocco (Nursing) Targets the "Invisible" Symptoms of Parkinson's Disease in Latest Publication
- More News >
- Welcome Home Week 2015 - For New and Returning Students
August 28 - September 7
- New Student Academic Convocation
- Art Exhibit: 'Absence & Presence - A Printmaking Response to the Bombing of Al-Mutanabbi Street'
September 10 - October 23
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Resources and Services /
- Academic Resources /
- Academic Enrichment Center /
- Writing Assessment
Congratulations and welcome! In order to place you in a writing class that fits your needs, we ask that you follow the steps below and complete the Curry College Writing Assessment. Please note that you will not be able to schedule your courses until you have satisfied this placement requirement. We recommend that you finish the assessment within two weeks of receiving your New Student Packet and that you send it to us as soon as it is completed.
Here is a summary of what you will need to do:
- Print the 2-page set of directions and essay. Download Writing Assessment (PDF)
- Set aside approximately an hour in a quiet space to complete the essay.
- Make sure you have some lined 8 1/2 x 11 notebook paper and either a pen or pencil.
- Read the essay "What is Intelligence, Anyway?" and respond to the question in writing.
- Save all notes and outlines.
- Make a copy of the essay, notes, and outlines for yourself.
- Send the finished essay, together with notes and/or outlines to:
Writing Assessment - Academic Enrichment Center
1071 Blue Hill Ave.
Milton, MA 02186
By Scan or Email:
Questions? Call Annemarie Koehler at (617) 333-2248 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.