- Curry College Featured on Fox 25 “College Tour”
- A Field of Dreams: Curry TV Student Spends Summer with NESN Red Sox Baseball Coverage
- John Fish Makes Case for Boston Olympics at Curry College Forum
- More News >
- Fall 2014 Open House
- New York City Reception for Alumni, Parents and Friends
- Curry Theatre Fall Black Box Performance: "Over the Edge"
November 15 - November 17
- More Events >
The Academic Advising office exists to offer guidance and support to students throughout their undergraduate experience as they explore and make choices regarding their academic program, major, and educational goals.
The goals of the Academic Advising Office are the following:
- Assist students in creating their schedule for each semester, help to narrow their choices around declaring a major, and provide useful advice on required courses and CLAC requirements
- Based on the tenets of proactive, holistic, appreciative advising, the Advising Office staff seeks to assist students in developing strategies and utilizing resources that will enable them to take responsibility for and become engaged in their learning throughout college and beyond. These include, but are not limited to:
- Tutoring, time management or study skills strategies, counseling, conflict resolution skills, accommodations, and instructional technology assistance
- Encourage students to establish meaningful connections with their faculty advisor, and to also become involved in the campus community by participating in co-curricular activities and programs
The Advising Office first interacts with students following their acceptance to pre-register them for a few classes prior to Summer Orientation. Many students attend a Summer Orientation session, or speak with an advisor by phone to complete their schedule for the fall semester. Students are assigned to an academic advisor, usually in their major, in August, and it is possible to request a change of advisor on the student portal, should a student wish to do so.
Faculty advisors first meet with their advisees at Meet and Greet (following Convocation) and usually for 2-3 additional meetings throughout the semester to discuss any issues or concerns which may impact their academic progress.
The Academic Advising Office staff includes Suzy Conway, Director, Heather Wotton, Manager, and Noreen Hegarty, Administrative Assistant. The office, located in Hafer 203, is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., and students are welcome to make an appointment, or to stop by the office during these hours.