“Like many college grads, I started out at the bottom. I worked as a messenger, a shipping clerk and even edited corporate and music videos for a while. All the while I was networking.”
Holden Kepecs '85
Lucky Duck Productions
Emmy Award-winning Editor
- Curry College Celebrates Commencement 2013
- Awards Recognition Ceremony Celebrates the Best of Curry 2012-2013
- Curry College Equestrian Places 5th at National Championship Competition
- More News >
- New Student Orientation 2013: First-Year Students
June 6 - June 20
- New Student Orientation 2013: Transfer Students
July 18 - August 1
- New Student Convocation 2013
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Resources and Services /
- Academic Resources /
- The Center for Career Development /
As an alumnus/alumna of Curry College, you are always welcome to use the Center for Career Development. We recognize that you have different challenges than current students, whether it's undertaking a career change, dealing with a job loss, or brushing up on your job search skills. We also encourage successful Curry alums to partner with us to aid current students in their career exploration.
The following complimentary Center for Career Development SERVICES are available to Curry alums:
- Individual Career Counseling, including skills/interests assessments, career exploration, and job search planning
- Assistance in selecting and applying to graduate school
- Résumé and cover letter reviews
- Online and print resources
- Job listings
- Request an appointment for an individual counseling session.
How can I help current Curry students in their career exploration?
One of the greatest resources for current students is access to the thousands of Curry alumni who are already working in a variety of fields. Your insight and perspective is invaluable, and we would greatly appreciate your involvement in preparing students for their move into the world of work. You can help us by donating some time to:
- Participate in a Career Exploration Event (on campus), where several alums give a very brief presentation about their work and answer student questions.
- Serve as a source for informational interviewing by being receptive to a student visiting your workplace and interviewing you about your current work and career path.
- Host a "Curry Business Trip" by inviting a small group of students to your workplace for a tour and question/answer session.
- Allow a current student to Job Shadow you at your workplace for ½ day (or whole day).
- Provide short-term/vacation work to a student, giving them an opportunity to see the daily workings of your business.
- Host a current student in a semester-long (or summer) internship.
- Participate in our Professional Mentor Program by serving as a "sounding board" to a student interested in your field through regular informal communication (phone or email).
If you are interested in helping current Curry students, contact the Center for Career Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Center for Career Development invited 'Inside Higher Ed' blogger and social media expert Eric Stoller to be the keynote speaker at the 2013 Curry College Senior Conference. Stoller's task? To impart valuable career advice to Curry students regarding the use (and misuse) of social media.