“Interning at 'The View' I feel like I got a real world taste of how a quality television show is produced. It has only enhanced my passion for making a career out of it.”
Scott Fersht, '11
Concentrations: Television/Digital Video
- Dr. Kristen Getchell Named to BRAWN Steering Committee
- Curry College Nursing Students Volunteer at Simon C. Fireman Community
- Curry College Football, Women's Lacrosse Squads Partner with Team IMPACT, Recruit Two New Members
- More News >
- New Student Orientation 2013: First-Year Students
June 6 - June 20
- New Student Orientation 2013: Transfer Students
July 18 - August 1
- New Student Convocation 2013
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Resources and Services /
- Academic Resources /
- The Center for Career Development /
- Internship Program
How can I get job experience before I graduate? Do an internship!
The Experiential Education Program offers you an opportunity to gain valuable career experience while earning credit toward graduation. You are able to explore career interests in a variety of areas including marketing, journalism, television or radio, human resources, event planning, accounting, probation and general management to name just a few. The Program will help you to connect classroom learning with real life experience and give you a "leg up" on the competition when you graduate!
How the Experiential Education Program Works
Would you like to work in the music industry but your major is English? The internship program allows you to find an internship that fits your interests. You can do an internship in your major, combine several of your interests or even try something completely new. You can use the Center for Career Development staff, our resource files and reference library to find an internship or you can find your own opportunity through networking and the Internet. The only requirements are that you meet the following prerequisites and that you choose an opportunity that enhances your existing skills or teaches you new ones.
- Successful completion of the course EXP 2340 Introduction to Experiential Learning with a minimum grade of 'C'
- Cumulative minimum GPA of 2.75
- Sophomore status (30+ credits)
- Updated résumé
To start the process, log in to the myCurry portal and click the "Center for Career Development - Internship Program" tab.
To learn more about the internship program, please visit the Center for Career Development (located in the King Building), or contact us at (617) 333-2195, e-mail email@example.com.
The Center for Career Development invited 'Inside Higher Ed' blogger and social media expert Eric Stoller to be the keynote speaker at the 2013 Curry College Senior Conference. Stoller's task? To impart valuable career advice to Curry students regarding the use (and misuse) of social media.