- Hill Holliday Chairman and CEO Karen Kaplan to Deliver Commencement Address
- Cambridge College President Deborah C. Jackson to Receive Honorary Degree
- Men's Hockey Partners with Team IMPACT to Recruit Seven-Year Old Aidan Collins
- More News >
- Curry Theatre Presents: Euripides’ 'The Trojan Women'
April 26 - April 29
- Commencement 2014
- New Student Orientation 2014: First-Year Students
June 9 - June 22
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Resources and Services /
- Academic Resources /
- Levin Library /
- Education Resource Center
Education Resource Center
The Education Resource Center (ERC), located on the upper floor of the Levin Library, is an important component of the Curry College Education Program, supporting the undergraduate Education Department and the Master of Education Program. Its primary mission is to provide a learning space, curriculum resources, and related services for the preparation and professional development of educators through collaboration with the Education Department.
• Select and collect quality preschool to grade 8 curriculum materials and information resources reflecting multiple perspectives
• Collaborate with education faculty for collection development and course integration
• Promote materials and new resources to pre-service teachers and education faculty
• Support pre-service teachers in the planning process
• Partner with area school districts and educational content providers
• Maintain a high level of resource management through on-going evaluation and assessment.
• We offer high quality reference and research support, instruction and access in support of national content and performance standards and the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks.
• Visit the Library's Find What You Need page for access to databases, research guides, the library catalog, and SuperSearch, our one-stop research shop.
• The ERC LibGuide provides complete information about the materials and services available.
Students gather and collaborate with ERC staff and each other over projects, resources and technology integration. The following are examples of available materials:
• Letter machine
• Paper cutter
• Educational software
• Consumables (construction paper. Glue, craft materials)
• Activity and idea books
• Award-winning juvenile literature books
• Content area games
• Curriculum guides
• DVDs and CDs
• Educational software
• Elementary textbooks, both teacher and student editions
• Instructional manipulatives
• Juvenile and teaching magazines
• Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks
• Massachusetts Test of Educator Licensure (MTEL) preparatory resources
• Restricted test collection
Have a look at the Levin Library Reference and Research Help page. All the information you need, in one place.
- Use chat, phone, text, or email;
- Schedule an appointment or just drop in;
- Check FAQs;
- Contact subject specialist librarians.
And we'll see you soon!
How's our driving? Do you have comments, questions or suggestions regarding the Levin Library's resources and services? Please share your thoughts with us.