- Communication Major Elaina Druid '16 Awarded "Emerging Leader Scholarship" by Public Relations Society of America
- Hall of Fame Sportswriter Bob Ryan Featured at Littlefield Lecture Series Event
- Curry College Featured on Fox 25 “College Tour”
- More News >
- Curry Theatre Presents: 'Into the Woods'
December 11 - December 13
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities Navigate the College Search
- Orientation 2015: First-Year Students
June 8 - June 20
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Resources and Services /
- Academic Resources /
- Levin Library /
- Library Services /
- Policies for Use of Library Materials
Policies for Use of Library Materials
Library materials may be borrowed by members of the Curry College community, including students, staff, faculty, administration, and alumni. Materials borrowed are to be returned in accordance with the loan period and in a similar condition to when borrowed. A current, valid Curry ID must be presented in order to borrow library materials.
Alumni may borrow up to six items as a time, and must be verified as alumni prior to first borrowing.
Loan periods vary by types of patrons and materials. Please verify the loan period at time of check out.
Library materials may be renewed if they have not been requested by someone else. You may request renewals via email, telephone, online through the library catalog, or in person at the Circulation desk. Email Leslie Becker at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-333-2177 to renew materials. Be sure to include your full name and the titles and barcode numbers of the items you wish to renew. If any of the materials are interlibrary loans, please request renewals for those items by emailing email@example.com.
Returning Library materials
Please return all library materials when due. All library materials can be returned to the Circulation Desk. Materials not returned when due are subject to fines and replacement fees.
All checked-out items are subject to recall after a loan period of two weeks. You may request a recall at the Circulation Desk. You will be notified that the item is being held for you at the Circulation Desk when it is returned. All items needed for course reserve are subject to recall at any time.
A hold request can be placed on materials currently checked out to someone else. You will need your Curry College ID to place the request. When the item is returned, you will be notified that the item is being held at the Circulation Desk for a period of five days. Please ask for assistance at the Circulation Desk.
Course reserve material is available at the Circulation Desk. Reserves may be borrowed for up to two hours for use in the library with a current valid Curry ID. Reserve materials may not leave the library. A fine of $25.00 may be assessed to your student account for removing reserve materials from the library.
Fines, Notices and Bills
In an effort to help patrons avoid fines and replacement charges, courtesy notices will be mailed when materials are due.
Fines are assessed according to the policies of each item type. Be sure you understand the borrowing policies for the items you borrow. Curry students are personally responsible for fines charged to their accounts. Do not allow someone to borrow library items on your account.
- Media: $1.00 per day per item
- Books: $ 0.10 per item per day
- Educational or Psychological tests: $10.00 per day
- Replacement charge: $300.00 or the cost of the test, whichever is greater.
Overdue notices are sent when materials are overdue.
- First notice: sent three days after due date of material not returned.
- Second notice: sent three days after the first notice.
- Third notice: sent three days after the second notice.
Replacement Fees for Lost Material
A replacement fee of $100.00 will be charged for all materials not returned. Replacement fees at other libraries may be higher than $100.00/item. Borrowers of materials from other libraries (received on interlibrary loan) will be personally responsible for any charges on their accounts. Replacement charges for lost or damaged books must be paid directly to the Curry Finance office.