“It was easy to meet and talk with my advisor about my career goals and future plans. She provided a lot of resources, and she was always willing to listen and talk about anything.”
Krista Selnau '09
Major: Politics and History , English
- Dr. Kristen Getchell Named to BRAWN Steering Committee
- Curry College Nursing Students Volunteer at Simon C. Fireman Community
- Curry College Football, Women's Lacrosse Squads Partner with Team IMPACT, Recruit Two New Members
- More News >
- New Student Orientation 2013: First-Year Students
June 6 - June 20
- New Student Orientation 2013: Transfer Students
July 18 - August 1
- New Student Convocation 2013
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Resources and Services /
- Academic Resources /
- Registrar /
- Academic Credit Hour Policy
Academic Credit Hour Policy
The institutional process for assigning credit hours to courses, in accordance with federal regulations, is based on minimum academic activity for students to achieve intended learning outcomes as verified by evidence of student achievement.
Each credit hour of instruction consists of approximately one hour of classroom or directed faculty instruction. In addition, students are expected to complete a minimum of two hours of "out of class" academic activity each week for each credit hour of instruction, for approximately fifteen weeks for one semester or the equivalent amount of academic activity over a different amount of time for semesters of other durations.
For classes offered in other formats leading to the award of academic credit, an equivalent amount of academic activity is required.