- Curry College Celebrates Commencement
- Curry Film/TV Student a Finalist in NESN Producing Competition
- Violence Prevention Conference Explores Roots of Behavior, Presents Solutions
- More News >
- New Student Orientation 2015: First-Year Students
June 8 - June 20
- New Student Orientation 2015: Transfer Students
- Homecoming and Family Weekend 2015
September 25 - September 27
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Resources and Services /
- Academic Resources /
- Registrar's Office /
- Academic Credit Hour Policy
Academic Credit Hour Policy
The institutional process for assigning credit hours to courses, in accordance with federal regulations, is based on minimum academic activity for students to achieve intended learning outcomes as verified by evidence of student achievement.
Each credit hour of instruction consists of approximately one hour of classroom or directed faculty instruction. In addition, students are expected to complete a minimum of two hours of "out of class" academic activity each week for each credit hour of instruction, for approximately fifteen weeks for one semester or the equivalent amount of academic activity over a different amount of time for semesters of other durations.
For classes offered in other formats leading to the award of academic credit, an equivalent amount of academic activity is required.