“After taking one course at Curry, I knew I had made the right choice. I was so impressed with the fact that everyone from the teachers to the librarians would do whatever they could to make themselves available to me as a student, to make sure that I succeeded.”
Timothy Lenane '04
Major: M.A. in Criminal Justice Program
- Community Health & Wellness Students Network at Annual Public Health Conference
- Board of Trustees Announces New Members
- RN-BS Students Host Health Promotion Fair
- More News >
- Curry Theatre Presents: Mark Twain's 'Is He Dead?'
December 7 - December 10
- The Keighton Fund of Curry College Presents: Triple Helix, Piano Trio
- Curry Presents International Anti-Violence Exhibit, "Al-Mutanabbi Street Starts Here"
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Resources and Services /
- Academic Resources /
- Registrar /
- Academic Credit Hour Policy
Academic Credit Hour Policy
The institutional process for assigning credit hours to courses, in accordance with federal regulations, is based on minimum academic activity for students to achieve intended learning outcomes as verified by evidence of student achievement.
Each credit hour of instruction consists of approximately one hour of classroom or directed faculty instruction. In addition, students are expected to complete a minimum of two hours of "out of class" academic activity each week for each credit hour of instruction, for approximately fifteen weeks for one semester or the equivalent amount of academic activity over a different amount of time for semesters of other durations.
For classes offered in other formats leading to the award of academic credit, an equivalent amount of academic activity is required.