- Curry College Featured on Fox 25 “College Tour”
- A Field of Dreams: Curry TV Student Spends Summer with NESN Red Sox Baseball Coverage
- John Fish Makes Case for Boston Olympics at Curry College Forum
- More News >
- Fall 2014 Open House
- New York City Reception for Alumni, Parents and Friends
- Curry Theatre Fall Black Box Performance: "Over the Edge"
November 15 - November 17
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Resources and Services /
- Academic Resources /
- Registrar's Office /
- Age of Majority
Age of Majority
Under Massachusetts law, the age of majority is 18 and carries full adult rights and responsibilities. Accordingly, the College will communicate directly with students in matters concerning their education records, such as grades, academic credits, and academic standing.
However, the College understands that there may be cases where one or both parents may wish to obtain information regarding the student. In accordance with The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 as amended (FERPA), Curry College will normally release such information only with the student's written authorization. A copy of the form is mailed to the student's home address prior to his or her first semester of enrollment.
However, if requested, we may release information without a signed release from the student to a parent of a student who is a dependent as defined by the I.R.S. A copy of the income tax return is required if not already on file at the College.