- Spring Break in Silicon Valley: Information Technology, Business Management Students Meet with Tech Giants
- Curry Film/TV Student a Finalist in NESN Producing Competition
- Trustee Ruth Ellen Fitch Appointed to the Massachusetts Pension Reserves Investment Management (PRIM) Board
- More News >
- Curry Theatre Presents: Spring 2015 New Plays Festival
March 28 - March 30
- 'Senior 7: Off the Grid' - Spring Art & Design Exhibit
April 2 - May 17
- Spring Student Art & Design Exhibit
April 6 - April 11
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Resources and Services /
- Academic Resources /
- Registrar's Office /
- Age of Majority
Age of Majority
Under Massachusetts law, the age of majority is 18 and carries full adult rights and responsibilities. Accordingly, the College will communicate directly with students in matters concerning their education records, such as grades, academic credits, and academic standing.
However, the College understands that there may be cases where one or both parents may wish to obtain information regarding the student. In accordance with The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 as amended (FERPA), Curry College will normally release such information only with the student's written authorization. A copy of the form is mailed to the student's home address prior to his or her first semester of enrollment.
However, if requested, we may release information without a signed release from the student to a parent of a student who is a dependent as defined by the I.R.S. A copy of the income tax return is required if not already on file at the College.