- Communication Major Elaina Druid '16 Awarded "Emerging Leader Scholarship" by Public Relations Society of America
- Hall of Fame Sportswriter Bob Ryan Featured at Littlefield Lecture Series Event
- Curry College Featured on Fox 25 “College Tour”
- More News >
- Curry Theatre Presents: 'Into the Woods'
December 11 - December 13
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities Navigate the College Search
- Orientation 2015: First-Year Students
June 8 - June 20
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Resources and Services /
- Academic Resources /
- Registrar's Office /
- Classification of Students
Classification of Students
A degree student is one who has been accepted to become a candidate for the baccalaureate degree.
Full-time degree candidates register for 12-18 credits per semester and are eligible for College housing and participation in varsity sports (provided they are making satisfactory academic progress) and student activities; part-time degree candidates register for fewer than 12 credits per semester and are not normally eligible for College housing or for participation in varsity sports and student activities.
Students who wish to change their status from full-time to part-time must notify the Registrar's Office and are advised to consult the Director of Financial Aid to determine whether the change will affect any financial aid they may be receiving. Also see section in Academic Policies for Satisfactory Progress to Degree.
Continuing Education Students
A Continuing Education student is a student who has officially registered through the Division of Continuing Education and Graduate Studies, and whose primary course load at Curry is in evening, weekend, or off-site classes. Normally, a Continuing Education student will register for up to 15 credits within a combination of terms during a semester with no more than nine credits taken simultaneously. Any Continuing Education student who chooses to take a course in the day will pay tuition and fees for such a course commensurate with the standard full-time (i.e., day) rate. Continuing Education students are restricted from participation in varsity athletics.
Class standing is determined as follows:
Freshman 0-29.5 credits earned
Sophomore 30-59.5 credits earned
Junior 60-89.5 credits earned
Senior 90 or more credits earned