“It was easy to meet and talk with my advisor about my career goals and future plans. She provided a lot of resources, and she was always willing to listen and talk about anything.”
Krista Selnau '09
Major: Politics and History , English
- Dr. Kristen Getchell Named to BRAWN Steering Committee
- Curry College Nursing Students Volunteer at Simon C. Fireman Community
- Curry College Football, Women's Lacrosse Squads Partner with Team IMPACT, Recruit Two New Members
- More News >
- New Student Orientation 2013: First-Year Students
June 6 - June 20
- New Student Orientation 2013: Transfer Students
July 18 - August 1
- New Student Convocation 2013
- More Events >
Curry Speaking Center Helps Hundreds of Students
Started in 2002, the Curry Speaking Center has become an important asset on the Curry campus.
Operated by Professor Vicki Nelson of the Communication Department, the Speaking Center allows students to get feedback on speeches and presentations before being graded on them in a particular class.
Students simply sign up for a time to do their presentation at the Speaking Center with a trained speaking center associate. These associates (fellow students) will critique the performance and even videotape the presentation to give plenty of useful feedback.
According to Professor Nelson, students who take advantage of this free service have done significantly better on their final grades! How is that for incentive to give it a try? The Speaking Center is located on the top floor of the Academic and Performance Center.