“I learned so much more from the hands-on experience of working with toddlers at the CECC than I would have just reading a textbook. It is one thing to know the history, philosophy and psychology of education but it is much more riveting to experience it and be able to make a difference in young lives.”
Amy Feloney '12
Major: Child, Youth and Community Education
- Dr. Karen Lischinsky Featured in 'New York Times' Article on Restorative Justice
- Communication Students Receive College Emmy Nomination for RED Camera Film
- Curry College Receives $288,000 DESE Grant to Address Principal Shortage in Massachusetts
- More News >
- New Student Orientation 2014: Transfer Students
- New Student Academic Convocation 2014
- Homecoming and Family Weekend 2014
September 19 - September 21
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Resources and Services /
- Corporate and Community Services /
- Curry Early Childhood Center
Curry Early Childhood Center
The Curry Early Childhood Center is an integral part of the Curry College Community. The Center provides a warm and nurturing educational experience for infants, toddlers, and preschool children. The Center also offers Curry College students an opportunity for authentic and integrative learning experiences. We reflect the mission of the College to value individual differences while promoting students' cognitive, social, physical and emotional development.
We strive to create the foundation for lifelong learning in children and adults as they become critical thinkers, effective communicators, creative and productive learners, and socially responsible, engaged citizens in our multicultural society. We will accomplish this by:
- Being a model program of high quality education and care for young children
- Using best practice in child development to foster the growth and learning of each child
- Creating a challenging yet nurturing educational environment for students and staff
- Providing highly trained mentors and supervisors who support college student learning
- Establishing creative educational partnerships with faculty and college departments, including Education, Nursing and Psychology
- Fostering adult learning experiences through observation, practica, internships and employment
- Building positive relationships with and support for families
The philosophy of the Curry Early Childhood Center is to provide a safe, nurturing, and cheerful educational setting where learning takes place everywhere and at all times. The curriculum is based on a child's natural curiosity and desire to learn; through play, practicing skills, and experimenting with materials, children learn about themselves and the world around them. We strive to foster individuality, creativity, and independence and create an environment where children feel free to explore and express themselves. The uniqueness of each family's composition and cultural traditions is valued as we strive to develop a relationship with each family where staff and parents work together to support the development of each child.
Parents who would like more information about enrolling their child should call 617-333-2341.
Print a PDF version of our Milton campus map for your convenience.