- Spring Break in Silicon Valley: Information Technology, Business Management Students Meet with Tech Giants
- Curry Film/TV Student a Finalist in NESN Producing Competition
- Trustee Ruth Ellen Fitch Appointed to the Massachusetts Pension Reserves Investment Management (PRIM) Board
- More News >
- 'Senior 7: Off the Grid' - Spring Art & Design Exhibit (Reception, 5/17)
April 2 - May 17
- Spring Student Art & Design Exhibit (Reception, 4/11)
April 6 - April 11
- Accepted Student Day 2015
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Resources and Services /
- Student Services /
- Public Safety /
- Fire Safety and Alarms
Fire Safety and Alarms
If you discover or suspect a fire
- Sound the alarm in the building.
- If the alarm doesn't sound, knock on all doors and shout warnings to all occupants of the building.
- Call Public Safety at ext. 2222.
- Do not place yourself at risk by trying to put out the fire. Help is on the way.
Fire drill procedures
- Treat each alarm as if it were an actual emergency and leave the area as quickly and calmly as possible.
- Dress as appropriately as possible.
- When you leave lock your room.
- Exit the building using the stairwell closest to you.
- At times it will be necessary to shut off the alarm. This does not mean the building is safe to be entered. Remain outside in a designated area until you are instructed to re-enter the building by the Milton Fire Department or Public Safety or Residence Life.
If you are in a burning building
- If there is smoke in the room keep low to the floor.
- Before passing through any doors, feel the doorknob. If it is hot, do not open the door. Attempt to exit by other means.
- If you cannot exit, hang something from the window such as a pillow case or a shirt to attract attention for help.
- When the Milton Fire Department arrives, stay well back and out of their way. Your good intentions could slow down the Fire Departments efforts.
Curry College Strictly Prohibits
- Malicious pulling of any fire alarm when deemed to be false.
- False reports of a fire.
- Malicious tampering with any fire extinguishers.
- The burning of any property.
- Destruction or defacement of any fire alarm system.
Public Safety requests that any student that has knowledge of any of the above violations contact the anonymous Hot Tip Line at ext. 2159.
Any student who wantonly and without authority pulls a fire alarm under any falsehoods or damages any fire alarm system faces prosecution ( Mass General Laws) and or expulsion from the College.