“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Stephanny Elias Featured in U.S. News Article that Debunks Scholarship Myths
- Texas Review Press to Publish Dr. Lindsay Illich's Award-Winning Poetry Book
- New Charles River Center Internship Leaves Lasting Impression on Psychology Students
- More News >
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search
- Accepted Student Day 2017
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search (WEST COAST)
- More Events >
Fall 2016 Showcase Events
"What is Diversity?" Contest
Deadline for Submissions, Friday, October 14
When many people hear the word diversity, they assume that it pertains solely to issues around race. Diversity is much more than that. As a noun it can be related to people, places or things. Merriam-Webster defines diversity as: "the condition of having or being composed of differing elements."
Words have different meanings to different people. What does the word "diversity" mean to you?
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion and the Diversity Committee is pleased to present the "What is Diversity" contest. This contest is open to all members of the Curry College community. Submissions can be a written essay or poem, a photograph, painting, video, performance, etc. - any way in which you feel best describes the word diversity.
Entrants can be groups or individuals and winners will be selected based on creativity and overall message. First, second and third place prizes will be awarded and all entries must be submitted by October 14 to email@example.com.
"Welcome to Your Curry!" Diversity and Inclusion Reception
Tuesday, October 18, 6:00 p.m.
Student Center, Large Meeting Room
The Curry College community is invited to the "Welcome to Your Curry!" Diversity and Inclusion reception on Tuesday, October 18 as we formally introduce the diversity and inclusion-related affinity groups to our campus friends. We will also have student performances by Curry's own Collision Dynasty and more. This event will also include a sundae bar reception showcasing entries to the "What is Diversity?" Contest.