“It's great that Curry has shuttles going into Boston so we could do things like go to Celtics and Bruins games throughout the season.”
Monica Distefano '14
6th Grade Math Teacher
Major: Elementary Education
- "Curry Prime Time Report" Newscast and Student-Produced Film, "Reflexivity" Both Finalists in National Media Competition
- Trustee Joyce A. Murphy recognized as one of Worcester Business Journal’s Outstanding Women in Business
- Sports Broadcasting Professionals Share Experiences, Career Advice with Students During Panel Discussion
- More News >
- Art Exhibit: "Primary Sources" - Highlighting the works of self-taught African American artists from the South
January 25 - March 6
- The Curry College Young Alumni Council Presents: Networking Night
- Accepted Student Day 2016
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Curry College Football, Women's Lacrosse Squads Partner with Team IMPACT, Recruit Two New Members
Curry College Football, Women's Lacrosse Squads Partner with Team IMPACT, Recruit Two New Members
May 31, 2013
Curry College Athletics once again partnered with Team IMPACT in the Spring of 2013 to welcome two new members to the Curry family. The mission of Team IMPACT is to enhance the lives of children facing life-threatening and chronic illnesses by matching them with college athletic teams.
On Sunday, April 21, at the Walter M. Katz Field in Milton, the Curry Women's Lacrosse team welcomed Rachel Wojcik as an honorary member of their team. Wojcik, 10, from nearby Hingham, Mass. was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in June of 2011.
The team gave her a quilt that was specially made, with welcome messages from each player on the team, Curry College women's lacrosse gear, including her own lacrosse stick and a backpack to match the players with her favorite number on it. She also has her own locker, decorated with a customized name plate. Accompanied by her parents, Richard and Christine and sister Jennifer, Rachel was presented with a cake and banner after some bonding time with the team out on the field...
- Read More, View Photos and Watch Video from Rachel Wojcik's Draft Day with the Women's Lacrosse Team
The Curry Colonels football squad then welcomed Shane Heffernan as an honorary member of the Curry Colonels Football Team. Heffernan, 13, from nearby Braintree, Mass. was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis (CF) in 2004. On Saturday, April 27, at the Walter M. Katz Field in Milton, the Curry Football coaches and players welcomed Shane as an honorary member of their team.
"Curry College Football is excited to have drafted Shane Heffernan from Team IMPACT this past April," said Colonels' Head Coach Skip Bandini. "In a short period of time Shane has developed great friendships with fellow teammates and the coaching staff..."