“Curry College inspired me to want to go on to become successful.”
Gary Leopold '77
President/CEO, ISM Travel and Lifestyle Marketing
- Stephanny Elias Featured in U.S. News Article that Debunks Scholarship Myths
- Texas Review Press to Publish Dr. Lindsay Illich's Award-Winning Poetry Book
- New Charles River Center Internship Leaves Lasting Impression on Psychology Students
- More News >
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search
- Accepted Student Day 2017
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search (WEST COAST)
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Curry College Football, Women's Lacrosse Squads Partner with Team IMPACT, Recruit Two New Members
Curry College Football, Women's Lacrosse Squads Partner with Team IMPACT, Recruit Two New Members
May 31, 2013
Curry College Athletics once again partnered with Team IMPACT in the Spring of 2013 to welcome two new members to the Curry family. The mission of Team IMPACT is to enhance the lives of children facing life-threatening and chronic illnesses by matching them with college athletic teams.
On Sunday, April 21, at the Walter M. Katz Field in Milton, the Curry Women's Lacrosse team welcomed Rachel Wojcik as an honorary member of their team. Wojcik, 10, from nearby Hingham, Mass. was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in June of 2011.
The team gave her a quilt that was specially made, with welcome messages from each player on the team, Curry College women's lacrosse gear, including her own lacrosse stick and a backpack to match the players with her favorite number on it. She also has her own locker, decorated with a customized name plate. Accompanied by her parents, Richard and Christine and sister Jennifer, Rachel was presented with a cake and banner after some bonding time with the team out on the field...
- Read More, View Photos and Watch Video from Rachel Wojcik's Draft Day with the Women's Lacrosse Team
The Curry Colonels football squad then welcomed Shane Heffernan as an honorary member of the Curry Colonels Football Team. Heffernan, 13, from nearby Braintree, Mass. was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis (CF) in 2004. On Saturday, April 27, at the Walter M. Katz Field in Milton, the Curry Football coaches and players welcomed Shane as an honorary member of their team.
"Curry College Football is excited to have drafted Shane Heffernan from Team IMPACT this past April," said Colonels' Head Coach Skip Bandini. "In a short period of time Shane has developed great friendships with fellow teammates and the coaching staff..."