“Dare to dream, but be not an idle dreamer. Dare to do what you dream.”
Samuel Silas Curry
- Class of 2020 Welcomed at New Student Convocation
- Welcome New Faculty!
- Kelly Nichols '12 Receives Everett Schools Golden Apple Award for Teaching
- More News >
- Colonels Week 2016 - For New and Returning Students
August 28 - September 5
- Visiting Artist Exhibit: "Text. Image. Image. Text."
September 8 - October 14
- Open House, Session 1 - Fall 2016
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Professor Laurie Alpert's Artwork Featured in Anti-Violence Exhibit in Cambridge
Professor Laurie Alpert's Artwork Featured in Anti-Violence Exhibit in Cambridge
January 7, 2013
The artwork of Curry College Fine and Applied Arts Professor Laurie Alpert was on exhibit this winter. The piece, titled 'Iraqi Peace Song,' was displayed at the 'Al-Mutanabbi Street Starts Here' Exhibit at the CAC Gallery at the Cambridge, Massachusetts Arts Council from January 7 until February 28.
The exhibit was described as "A Response to Violence in Iraq from the Letterpress and Book Arts Community." Alpert's piece has also been featured in multiple publications recently, including The Economist and Illustration Magazine.