“I chose Curry because I really enjoyed the campus feel, I felt safe there. I also looked at the students and I saw me. I felt like I could relate to them. I felt comfortable and that was really important-just fitting in.”
Alicia (Viscomi) Williams '09
Owner/President, Aliste' Internet Marketing, Inc.
- Education Student Selected for Prestigious Teaching Residency
- Dr. Ann Leonard-Zabel Presents as Global Expert on Cognitive Disorders
- Criminal Justice Students Get On-the-Job Experience with Elite Law Enforcement Team
- More News >
- Art Gallery Exhibit: Full Tilt Print Studio Presents 'Sub Rosa'
January 23 - March 6
- Accepted Student Day 2017
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search (WEST COAST)
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Curry Radio WMLN-FM 91.5 Wins Three Associated Press Awards
Curry Radio WMLN-FM 91.5 Wins Three Associated Press Awards
March 21, 2011
The Associated Press has honored WMLN-FM 91.5, Curry College radio, in its annual Massachusetts/Rhode Island contest.
WMLN has won three prestigious awards in the 2011 College Radio categories:
- Best Talk Show, Mix N Match
- Best Sports Program, Curry College Football Pre-Game Show
- Best Sports Play-by-Play, Curry College vs. MIT
"WMLN-FM has won a number of AP awards over the last 25+ years, but this is the first time that our radio station has won in three separate categories," reports Professor Alan Frank, Director of Curry Radio. "Competition is very keen, and this "win" reflects the significant talent and abilities of our radio students."
Congratulations to the following students and alumni who were instrumental in the success of the winning shows:
- Alex Danahy, Assistant Sports Director, Sports Play-by-Play and Sports Program
- Alex Durka '07, participant, Talk Show [Mix N Match]
- Brett Franklin, participant, Sports Play by Play
- Marita MacKinnon, Station Manager, Talk Show [Mix N Match]
- Dan Mazella, '09, former manager, production
- Tom Quinlan, Sports Director, Sports Play-by-Play and Sports Program
Many notable competitors at a variety of college and university radio stations submitted programs, with only three institutions - Curry College, Emerson, and Brown University - receiving awards.