“Dare to dream, but be not an idle dreamer. Dare to do what you dream.”
Samuel Silas Curry
- School of Nursing Hosts First Annual Nightingale Ceremony
- VIDEO: WCVB's 'Chronicle' Features Dr. Karen Lischinsky's Work with MA Restorative Justice Collaborative
- Class of 2020 Welcomed at New Student Convocation
- More News >
- Visiting Artist Exhibit: 'Text. Image. Image. Text.'
September 8 - October 14
- Career Conference 2016
- Open House, Session 1 - Fall 2016
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Curry TV CC8 Wins National Broadcasting Award
Curry TV CC8 Wins National Broadcasting Award
March 25, 2011
The National Broadcasting Society has announced that Curry TV CC8's Curry College: Hope for Haiti public affairs program that aired live in February 2010 has won the award for best Public Affairs Program in the nation for all colleges and universities.
The National Broadcasting Society's annual award competition dates back to the 1940s and is one of the premiere college broadcasting competitions each year.
Curry College: Hope for Haiti was a student-produced program, complete with a studio audience inside Curry's Hirsh Communication Center, simultaneously televised on CC8, broadcast on Curry radio WMLN-91.5 FM, and video-streamed on the College's website. Interviews included students, staff, faculty and other guests who had been directly affected by the Haiti earthquake.
"This was an exceptional broadcast, and I'm very happy that our peers around the country saw it that way too," remarked Professor Jerry Gibbs, Director of TV, about the award. "It's a proud day for Curry College, our 132-year-old Communication program, and for CC8. TV Practicum class leaders Scott Fersht, Brad Norris and Kimber Hamill and all of the other students who helped out, should be very proud indeed."
Curry College:Hope for Haiti student crew included:
- Siobhan Connolly, Associate Director
- Scott Fersht, Producer, Director
- Justin Grimmel, Camera Operator
- Kimber Hammill, Host
- Liz Hayes, Floor Director
- Steve Ippolitio, Audio Mixer
- Kristina Kuusik, Co-Host
- Jonathan Lechan, Audio Assistant
- Alex Lundie, Character Generator
- Brad Norris, Technical Director
- Ryan Pelletier, Camera Operator
- John O'Meara, Camera Operator
- Bridget Shannon, Teleprompter
- Craig Silverman, Audience Coordinator
- Tom Quinlan, Hospitality