“Curry College inspired me to want to go on to become successful.”
Gary Leopold '77
President/CEO, ISM Travel and Lifestyle Marketing
- Education Student Selected for Prestigious Teaching Residency
- Dr. Ann Leonard-Zabel Presents as Global Expert on Cognitive Disorders
- Criminal Justice Students Get On-the-Job Experience with Elite Law Enforcement Team
- More News >
- Art Gallery Exhibit: Full Tilt Print Studio Presents 'Sub Rosa'
January 23 - March 6
- Accepted Student Day 2017
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search (WEST COAST)
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Currier Times: Former Massachusetts Governor Michael Dukakis Speaks to Politics and History Class
Currier Times: Former Massachusetts Governor Michael Dukakis Speaks to Politics and History Class
September 30, 2013
by Nick Butts, Class of 2014, Politics and History
Story and Photos Courtesy, The Currier Times
For the better part of my life, I have been obsessed with politics and the procedures of government. I can remember following the 2004 presidential election as a 13-year-old, not completely understanding the issues but enthralled by the processes.
When I enrolled at Curry College and decided to be a politics and history major, I thought I was on my way to becoming the next president of the United States. The naïve aspirations of an 18-year-old have quickly caught up to me, but the dream of doing my part in the name of public good has sustained.
You can therefore imagine my euphoria when former Massachusetts Gov. Michael Dukakis came to speak to my "State and Local Politics" class on Thursday, Sept. 26. The governor's talk covered his rise in politics, all the way to winning the Democratic Party's nomination in the 1988 presidential election...