“Dare to dream, but be not an idle dreamer. Dare to do what you dream.”
Samuel Silas Curry
- School of Nursing Hosts First Annual Nightingale Ceremony
- VIDEO: WCVB's 'Chronicle' Features Dr. Karen Lischinsky's Work with MA Restorative Justice Collaborative
- Class of 2020 Welcomed at New Student Convocation
- More News >
- Visiting Artist Exhibit: 'Text. Image. Image. Text.'
September 8 - October 14
- Career Conference 2016
- Open House, Session 1 - Fall 2016
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Currier Times: Former Massachusetts Governor Michael Dukakis Speaks to Politics and History Class
Currier Times: Former Massachusetts Governor Michael Dukakis Speaks to Politics and History Class
September 30, 2013
by Nick Butts, Class of 2014, Politics and History
Story and Photos Courtesy, The Currier Times
For the better part of my life, I have been obsessed with politics and the procedures of government. I can remember following the 2004 presidential election as a 13-year-old, not completely understanding the issues but enthralled by the processes.
When I enrolled at Curry College and decided to be a politics and history major, I thought I was on my way to becoming the next president of the United States. The naïve aspirations of an 18-year-old have quickly caught up to me, but the dream of doing my part in the name of public good has sustained.
You can therefore imagine my euphoria when former Massachusetts Gov. Michael Dukakis came to speak to my "State and Local Politics" class on Thursday, Sept. 26. The governor's talk covered his rise in politics, all the way to winning the Democratic Party's nomination in the 1988 presidential election...