“Dare to dream, but be not an idle dreamer. Dare to do what you dream.”
Samuel Silas Curry
- Alumnus and Trustee Anthony M. Campo '79 Appointed to Superior Court Judgeship
- Dean's List Honors Reception Recognizes Exceptional Students, Mentors
- Dr. Deborah C. Jackson, Hon. '14 Shares Personal Perspectives with Students
- More News >
- Senior Design and Studio Arts Exhibition: 'Ebb + Flow'
April 20 - May 21
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search (WEST COAST)
- Spring 2017 Fine Arts Performance: you | me | us, identity
May 5 - May 6
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Dr. Holly Gray Leads Students on Experiential Learning Trip
Dr. Holly Gray Leads Students on Experiential Learning Trip
March 24, 2017
Assistant Professor of Education Dr. Holly Gray, along with five senior education students, traveled to Raleigh, North Carolina, to attend the North Carolina Reading Association Conference. During the conference, Curry students participated in several sessions and explored numerous literacy topics. Dr. Gray presented a session titled "Dive into Fabulous Fiction & Exuberant Expository."
Dr. Gray's presentation explored ways to use children's literature as a springboard for building essential Tier 2 vocabulary, supporting the successful transition from narrative text to complex content-area text.
Dr. Gray and the students also visited North Carolina State University to participate in a graduate class session, where they discussed formative math assessments, and instructional plans created based on the results of those assessments.