“The connections you can make in Boston, as well as the opportunities in the surrounding areas here, are second to none in the media industry. Being at Curry, there are so many different ways to get your foot in the door early, at places like NESN, The Boston Globe and Gillette Stadium, home of the New England Patriots and Revolution.”
Nick Ironside '14
Reporter, Hickory Daily Record, NC
- "Curry Prime Time Report" Newscast and Student-Produced Film, "Reflexivity" Both Finalists in National Media Competition
- Trustee Joyce A. Murphy recognized as one of Worcester Business Journal’s Outstanding Women in Business
- Sports Broadcasting Professionals Share Experiences, Career Advice with Students During Panel Discussion
- More News >
- Art Exhibit: "Primary Sources" - Highlighting the works of self-taught African American artists from the South
January 25 - March 6
- The Curry College Young Alumni Council Presents: Networking Night
- Accepted Student Day 2016
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Matt Fitzgerald '13 Tapped to Co-anchor Boston Herald Radio's 'The Lede'
Matt Fitzgerald '13 Tapped to Co-anchor Boston Herald Radio's 'The Lede'
August 21, 2014
Matt Fitzgerald, a Curry College class of 2013 graduate in the Communication major, is already thriving in his professional career. Fitzgerald was recently hired as the co-anchor of Boston Herald Radio's new morning news show, 'The Lede,' described as "an hour-long blast of the latest news, weather and traffic backed up by an award-winning newsroom."
Fitzgerald, a 2013 Emmy award-winning student-journalist, credits his time at Curry for preparing him for his current role.
"I'm very happy to be representing Boston Herald Radio. I don't think I would have been given this opportunity without the help of my Curry professors and all of the time I spent working at WMLN (Curry Radio) and CC8 (Curry Television). Even as an alum now, my professors are still there for me whenever I need advice."