“Dare to dream, but be not an idle dreamer. Dare to do what you dream.”
Samuel Silas Curry
- School of Nursing Hosts First Annual Nightingale Ceremony
- VIDEO: WCVB's 'Chronicle' Features Dr. Karen Lischinsky's Work with MA Restorative Justice Collaborative
- Class of 2020 Welcomed at New Student Convocation
- More News >
- Visiting Artist Exhibit: 'Text. Image. Image. Text.'
September 8 - October 14
- Career Conference 2016
- Open House, Session 1 - Fall 2016
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Matt Fitzgerald '13 Tapped to Co-anchor Boston Herald Radio's 'The Lede'
Matt Fitzgerald '13 Tapped to Co-anchor Boston Herald Radio's 'The Lede'
August 21, 2014
Matt Fitzgerald, a Curry College class of 2013 graduate in the Communication major, is already thriving in his professional career. Fitzgerald was recently hired as the co-anchor of Boston Herald Radio's new morning news show, 'The Lede,' described as "an hour-long blast of the latest news, weather and traffic backed up by an award-winning newsroom."
Fitzgerald, a 2013 Emmy award-winning student-journalist, credits his time at Curry for preparing him for his current role.
"I'm very happy to be representing Boston Herald Radio. I don't think I would have been given this opportunity without the help of my Curry professors and all of the time I spent working at WMLN (Curry Radio) and CC8 (Curry Television). Even as an alum now, my professors are still there for me whenever I need advice."