“When I'm on campus it reminds me of home because there are wooded areas all around. You can walk out of your residence hall and immediately enjoy a stroll on the walking paths through the forest. It's really nice to not have tall city buildings everywhere.”
Caitlyn De Serres '18
Major: Psychology, Sociology
- Dr. Cathleen Santos Named President of the American Nurses Association - Massachusetts (ANA-MA)
- Curry Student Film Wins Emmy® Award
- Curry College Faculty Members Awarded Whiting Foundation Fellowships
- More News >
- Senior Art & Design Exhibit: "Seeing Double"
April 28 - May 22
- Curry Dance Spring 2016 Showcase: 'Beyond Boundaries'
April 29 - April 30
- Commencement 2016
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Matt Fitzgerald '13 Tapped to Co-anchor Boston Herald Radio's 'The Lede'
Matt Fitzgerald '13 Tapped to Co-anchor Boston Herald Radio's 'The Lede'
August 21, 2014
Matt Fitzgerald, a Curry College class of 2013 graduate in the Communication major, is already thriving in his professional career. Fitzgerald was recently hired as the co-anchor of Boston Herald Radio's new morning news show, 'The Lede,' described as "an hour-long blast of the latest news, weather and traffic backed up by an award-winning newsroom."
Fitzgerald, a 2013 Emmy award-winning student-journalist, credits his time at Curry for preparing him for his current role.
"I'm very happy to be representing Boston Herald Radio. I don't think I would have been given this opportunity without the help of my Curry professors and all of the time I spent working at WMLN (Curry Radio) and CC8 (Curry Television). Even as an alum now, my professors are still there for me whenever I need advice."