“When I'm on campus it reminds me of home because there are wooded areas all around. You can walk out of your residence hall and immediately enjoy a stroll on the walking paths through the forest. It's really nice to not have tall city buildings everywhere.”
Caitlyn De Serres '18
Major: Psychology, Sociology
- Dr. John Hill Appears on QATV During Book Tour
- Student-Athlete Signs Professional Hockey Contract
- Nursing Students Participate in Intergenerational Learning Experience
- More News >
- Curry Theatre Presents: Spring 2017 New Plays Festival
March 25 - March 27
- The Social Justice Series: "Prejudice and Campus Activism" with Payton Head
- Accepted Student Day 2017
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Matt Fitzgerald '13 Tapped to Co-anchor Boston Herald Radio's 'The Lede'
Matt Fitzgerald '13 Tapped to Co-anchor Boston Herald Radio's 'The Lede'
August 21, 2014
Matt Fitzgerald, a Curry College class of 2013 graduate in the Communication major, is already thriving in his professional career. Fitzgerald was recently hired as the co-anchor of Boston Herald Radio's new morning news show, 'The Lede,' described as "an hour-long blast of the latest news, weather and traffic backed up by an award-winning newsroom."
Fitzgerald, a 2013 Emmy award-winning student-journalist, credits his time at Curry for preparing him for his current role.
"I'm very happy to be representing Boston Herald Radio. I don't think I would have been given this opportunity without the help of my Curry professors and all of the time I spent working at WMLN (Curry Radio) and CC8 (Curry Television). Even as an alum now, my professors are still there for me whenever I need advice."