“I take the shuttle into Boston on the weekends with my friends. A lot of them haven't been to Faneuil Hall and I've lived close to the city all of my life, so I'm always the one to show them around. So it's really fun to go away on the weekend with the girls.”
Alyxis Crompton '18
Major: Special Education
- Sports Broadcasting Professionals Share Experiences, Career Advice with Students During Panel Discussion
- Criminal Justice Students Experience the Justice System Up Close at Newton District Trial Court
- Psychology Students, Alumni and Faculty Present Research at New England Psychology Association Conference
- More News >
- Art Exhibit: 'Absence & Presence - A Printmaking Response to the Bombing of Al-Mutanabbi Street'
November 2 - December 20
- The Keighton Fund of Curry College Presents, 'WWI: The Music and Times 100 Years Later'
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, &/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Jennifer Fogarty ’09 Featured in Worcester T&G; Theatre Alum Shines in Dark Comedy “The Addams Family”
Jennifer Fogarty ’09 Featured in Worcester T&G; Theatre Alum Shines in Dark Comedy “The Addams Family”
June 26, 2013
WORCESTER, Mass. - AP - Family life has taken a new turn for Jennifer Fogarty since she took a bus from Boston to New York City last year to audition for a pending new production.
Fogarty was cast as Wednesday, the "lovable princess of darkness," in the Broadway touring show of "The Addams Family,"
"Worcester is a wonderful place for `The Addams Family' to come," said Fogarty, who grew up in Marlborough. Because of that local connection (she said she's been to The Palladium in Worcester "more than a handful of times," as well as The Hanover Theatre), there will be friends, former teachers, and family members in the audience during the course of the show's stay. "I'm excited to be there," she said.
Meanwhile, it is just as well that the cast members of "The Addams Family" seem to be getting along like ... well, family. The production had rehearsals in January, hit the road Feb. 1, and Fogarty's contract with the show runs through June 2014.
"Oh my God it's so much fun," Fogarty said of being an Addams family member during a recent telephone interview from Columbus, Ga., where the show was playing.
"Sometimes you feel guilty about your job because it's so much fun. I'm very thankful for it."
Read the full article on the Worcester Telegram & Gazette website...