“When I was looking for colleges I wanted to be near or in Boston because that is where I saw plenty of opportunities within the IT field.”
Stacy Osorio '14
Sales Engineer, Localytics
Major: Information Technology
- Sports Broadcasting Professionals Share Experiences, Career Advice with Students During Panel Discussion
- Criminal Justice Students Experience the Justice System Up Close at Newton District Trial Court
- Psychology Students, Alumni and Faculty Present Research at New England Psychology Association Conference
- More News >
- Art Exhibit: 'Absence & Presence - A Printmaking Response to the Bombing of Al-Mutanabbi Street'
November 2 - December 20
- The Keighton Fund of Curry College Presents, 'WWI: The Music and Times 100 Years Later'
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, &/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Dean's List Honor Reception Recognizes Exceptional Student Achievement
Dean's List Honor Reception Recognizes Exceptional Student Achievement
May 14, 2014
On Tuesday, May 6, Curry College honored seniors who were named to the Dean's List for each and every semester they attended the College. This special event recognized 42 members of the Class of 2014 for their exceptional academic achievement.
President Kenneth K. Quigley, Jr., Deans Carrie Cokely and Susan Pennini, and Alexander Graham Bell Society President Elton Silva offered remarks to congratulate the graduates on their achievements and to challenge the academic leaders to continue to serve the Curry community as proud and accomplished Curry College alumni.
In addition to celebrating and commemorating their achievement, each honoree was asked to invite a person at Curry whom they felt had most contributed to their academic success.
"This special event is our way of celebrating the academic success of our students while providing them with an opportunity to recognize a member of the faculty or staff who has made an impact on their education and thank them for their mentorship. Seeing the connection between students and their mentors is a great reminder of why we do what we do at Curry College," said Dean Cokely.
To qualify for the Dean's List, students must earn a 3.30 GPA, have no incompletes, and have no grade lower than a "C" for the semester. Full-time students must carry 12 or more graded credits for the semester.
honorees and mentors: