“Dare to dream, but be not an idle dreamer. Dare to do what you dream.”
Samuel Silas Curry
- Stephanny Elias Featured in U.S. News Article that Debunks Scholarship Myths
- Texas Review Press to Publish Dr. Lindsay Illich's Award-Winning Poetry Book
- New Charles River Center Internship Leaves Lasting Impression on Psychology Students
- More News >
- Art Gallery Exhibit: Full Tilt Print Studio Presents 'Sub Rosa'
January 23 - March 6
- Accepted Student Day 2017
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search (WEST COAST)
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Curry Students Lend a Helping Hand to Families in Need
Curry Students Lend a Helping Hand to Families in Need
December 5, 2012
Curry College student volunteers partnered with campus offices in the areas of student activities, residence life, spiritual life and athletics along with Sodexo Dining services to collect donations and feed thousands of Massachusetts families this holiday season. Over a two-week period, the Curry College community collected 6,170 pounds of nutritious and non-perishable food and donated it to the Greater Boston Food Bank. That's enough to provide 4,746 meals to hungry Massachusetts families.
Volunteers collected the food for 'Helping Hands Across America,' a campus and nation-wide event benefiting several notable charities. In addition to the food, Curry College student volunteers collected new art and school supplies for Jimmy Fund patients. They also gathered children's clothing for Cradles to Crayons, a charity providing essential supplies to more than 400,000 low-income and homeless Massachusetts children.