“Dare to dream, but be not an idle dreamer. Dare to do what you dream.”
Samuel Silas Curry
- Emmy® Award-winning Film Lecturer Todd Davis Featured in Wicked Local Article
- Psychology Professor Bruce Steinberg Ph.D. Helps Research Potential New Treatment for ADHD
- Curry Nursing Student Receives Patient Advocate Award at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- More News >
- New Student Orientation 2016: Transfer Students
- Orientation 2016: First-Year Students (Newly Added One Day Session)
- Visiting Artist Exhibit: "Text. Image. Image. Text."
August 26 - October 14
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Curry Students Lend a Helping Hand to Families in Need
Curry Students Lend a Helping Hand to Families in Need
December 5, 2012
Curry College student volunteers partnered with campus offices in the areas of student activities, residence life, spiritual life and athletics along with Sodexo Dining services to collect donations and feed thousands of Massachusetts families this holiday season. Over a two-week period, the Curry College community collected 6,170 pounds of nutritious and non-perishable food and donated it to the Greater Boston Food Bank. That's enough to provide 4,746 meals to hungry Massachusetts families.
Volunteers collected the food for 'Helping Hands Across America,' a campus and nation-wide event benefiting several notable charities. In addition to the food, Curry College student volunteers collected new art and school supplies for Jimmy Fund patients. They also gathered children's clothing for Cradles to Crayons, a charity providing essential supplies to more than 400,000 low-income and homeless Massachusetts children.