“Dare to dream, but be not an idle dreamer. Dare to do what you dream.”
Samuel Silas Curry
- Dr. John Hill Appears on QATV During Book Tour
- Student-Athlete Signs Professional Hockey Contract
- Nursing Students Participate in Intergenerational Learning Experience
- More News >
- Curry Theatre Presents: Spring 2017 New Plays Festival
March 25 - March 27
- The Social Justice Series: "Prejudice and Campus Activism" with Payton Head
- Accepted Student Day 2017
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Author Jena Morrow Visits Campus During National Eating Disorders Awareness Week
Author Jena Morrow Visits Campus During National Eating Disorders Awareness Week
March 3, 2017
As part of National Eating Disorders Awareness Week (NEDAW), Curry College welcomed author and eating disorders awareness advocate Jena Morrow to campus on March 1 to discuss her experience battling anorexia.
The student club HIPS (Health Image Power Success) teamed up with alumna Diane Carugati '78 to coordinate the well-attended event. Carugati is a Professional Outreach Manager at Timberline Knolls, a treatment center for women outside Chicago, and is colleagues with Morrow who serves as the Alumnae Coordinator.
Morrow read an excerpt from her book "Hollow: An Unpublished Tale," and shared stories from her decades-long battle with the disease. She also answered questions and offered advice on how to approach a loved one who you feel may be showing eating disorder tendencies.