“The connections you can make in Boston, as well as the opportunities in the surrounding areas here, are second to none in the media industry. Being at Curry, there are so many different ways to get your foot in the door early, at places like NESN, The Boston Globe and Gillette Stadium, home of the New England Patriots and Revolution.”
Nick Ironside '14
Reporter, Hickory Daily Record, NC
- Stephanny Elias Featured in U.S. News Article that Debunks Scholarship Myths
- Texas Review Press to Publish Dr. Lindsay Illich's Award-Winning Poetry Book
- New Charles River Center Internship Leaves Lasting Impression on Psychology Students
- More News >
- Art Gallery Exhibit: Full Tilt Print Studio Presents 'Sub Rosa'
January 23 - March 6
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search
- Accepted Student Day 2017
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Professor Joani Geltman's 'A Survival Guide for Parenting Teens...' Featured in 'Boston Globe'
Professor Joani Geltman's 'A Survival Guide for Parenting Teens...' Featured in 'Boston Globe'
July 30, 2014
Joani Geltman, MSW, lecturer in the Curry College Psychology department, has published a new book titled, A Survival Guide to Parenting Teens: Talking to Your Kids About Sexting, Drinking, Drugs, and Other Things That Freak You Out. Geltman's book was recently featured in an article in the Boston Globe.
According to the article, a large segment of the book is dedicated to advice for parents on teens and technology. From the book:
"This is the first generation of parents who are dealing with something they themselves have not dealt with as children and teenagers," Geltman said. "Kids know how to hide things from their parents technologically speaking, and can outsmart them. And that's scary."
Besides teaching at Curry, Geltman is a social worker, a parenting coach and gives lectures in the community. She also publishes a blog titled, 'Joani's Parenting Tip of the Day.'