“The connections you can make in Boston, as well as the opportunities in the surrounding areas here, are second to none in the media industry. Being at Curry, there are so many different ways to get your foot in the door early, at places like NESN, The Boston Globe and Gillette Stadium, home of the New England Patriots and Revolution.”
Nick Ironside '14
Reporter, Hickory Daily Record, NC
- Connecticut Governor Dannel P. Malloy Delivers Commencement Address
- 47th Annual Awards Recognition Ceremony Celebrates the Best of Curry 2015-2016
- Steve Sargent, MACJ '04 Named Chief of Worcester Police Department
- More News >
- New Student Orientation 2016: First-Year Students
June 8 - June 21
- New Student Orientation 2016: Transfer Students
- Homecoming and Family Weekend 2016
October 21 - October 23
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Professor Joani Geltman's 'A Survival Guide for Parenting Teens...' Featured in 'Boston Globe'
Professor Joani Geltman's 'A Survival Guide for Parenting Teens...' Featured in 'Boston Globe'
July 30, 2014
Joani Geltman, MSW, lecturer in the Curry College Psychology department, has published a new book titled, A Survival Guide to Parenting Teens: Talking to Your Kids About Sexting, Drinking, Drugs, and Other Things That Freak You Out. Geltman's book was recently featured in an article in the Boston Globe.
According to the article, a large segment of the book is dedicated to advice for parents on teens and technology. From the book:
"This is the first generation of parents who are dealing with something they themselves have not dealt with as children and teenagers," Geltman said. "Kids know how to hide things from their parents technologically speaking, and can outsmart them. And that's scary."
Besides teaching at Curry, Geltman is a social worker, a parenting coach and gives lectures in the community. She also publishes a blog titled, 'Joani's Parenting Tip of the Day.'