“When I was looking for colleges I wanted to be near or in Boston because that is where I saw plenty of opportunities within the IT field.”
Stacy Osorio '14
Sales Engineer, Localytics
Major: Information Technology
- Dr. Cathleen Santos Named President of the American Nurses Association - Massachusetts (ANA-MA)
- Curry Student Film Wins Emmy® Award
- Curry College Faculty Members Awarded Whiting Foundation Fellowships
- More News >
- Senior Art & Design Exhibit: "Seeing Double"
April 28 - May 22
- Commencement 2016
- New Student Orientation 2016: First-Year Students
June 8 - June 21
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Professor Joani Geltman's 'A Survival Guide for Parenting Teens...' Featured in 'Boston Globe'
Professor Joani Geltman's 'A Survival Guide for Parenting Teens...' Featured in 'Boston Globe'
July 30, 2014
Joani Geltman, MSW, lecturer in the Curry College Psychology department, has published a new book titled, A Survival Guide to Parenting Teens: Talking to Your Kids About Sexting, Drinking, Drugs, and Other Things That Freak You Out. Geltman's book was recently featured in an article in the Boston Globe.
According to the article, a large segment of the book is dedicated to advice for parents on teens and technology. From the book:
"This is the first generation of parents who are dealing with something they themselves have not dealt with as children and teenagers," Geltman said. "Kids know how to hide things from their parents technologically speaking, and can outsmart them. And that's scary."
Besides teaching at Curry, Geltman is a social worker, a parenting coach and gives lectures in the community. She also publishes a blog titled, 'Joani's Parenting Tip of the Day.'