“When I was looking for colleges I wanted to be near or in Boston because that is where I saw plenty of opportunities within the IT field.”
Stacy Osorio '14
Sales Engineer, Localytics
Major: Information Technology
- Jeannette DeJong Featured in Reader's Digest Article about Popular French Phrases
- Curry College Alumna Karen Daley to Deliver Commencement Address
- COM major Courtney Lee Scores Production Job on Beats Commercial Featuring Tom Brady
- More News >
- Art Gallery Exhibit: Full Tilt Print Studio Presents 'Sub Rosa'
January 23 - March 6
- Accepted Student Day 2017
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search (WEST COAST)
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Student Athletes Volunteer at Milton Monster Dash
Student Athletes Volunteer at Milton Monster Dash
November 7, 2016
It's becoming a Halloween tradition for Curry College student-athletes to volunteer at the annual Monster Dash 5K Race and Fun Run to support the Milton Foundation for Education (MFE). On October 30, the Curry women's lacrosse, men and women's soccer, and football teams put smiles on faces whether they were at the tattoo and face painting station, leading a group dance, manning one of the water stations along the course, assisting children playing with "stomp-rockets" or coordinating foot traffic.
"I would like to thank the Curry College volunteers from the soccer, lacrosse and football teams for their amazing help at the Milton Monster Dash. Similar to last year, the day started out a little drizzly and gray - but, Lady-Luck was shining on us and the weather completely cooperated. It was a glorious day all the way around. I am happy to report that this was the MFE's most successful Monster Dash to date in terms of total participation and money raised. Over 1,500 members of our community participated in the event. We certainly couldn't have managed such large groups of people without Curry's help," said Greg Gordon, Milton Foundation for Education
"It's always rewarding to be able to give back to our community. Teaming with MFE on any of their events is one of the highlights of our student-athletes volunteer experience," said Vinnie Eruzione, Athletic Director.
"This was the women's lacrosse team's fifth year volunteering at the Monster Dash and each year we are thrilled to be asked back. We put a lot of emphasis on volunteer work, random acts of kindness and community service for our student-athletes. We welcome any opportunity that arises to offer our help in the town of Milton," said Coach Caitlin Roberts, Head Women's Lacrosse.
View a photo gallery of the day's events