“Curry College inspired me to want to go on to become successful.”
Gary Leopold '77
President/CEO, ISM Travel and Lifestyle Marketing
- Dr. John Hill Appears on QATV During Book Tour
- Student-Athlete Signs Professional Hockey Contract
- Nursing Students Participate in Intergenerational Learning Experience
- More News >
- Curry Theatre Presents: Spring 2017 New Plays Festival
March 25 - March 27
- The Social Justice Series: "Prejudice and Campus Activism" with Payton Head
- Accepted Student Day 2017
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Nursing Faculty Co-author Manual on Partnering with Senior Communities
Nursing Faculty Co-author Manual on Partnering with Senior Communities
December 2, 2016
Nursing Faculty Dr. Maureen O'Shea, Dr. Barbara Pinchera, and Professor Margaret "Meg" Sullivan recently collaborated with Hebrew SeniorLife's (HSL) Simon C. Fireman Community in Milton to co-author the publication "Senior Housing Communities & Nursing Schools: Creating Dynamic Partnerships."
The manual is essentially a best practices guide about how to create an educational collaborative between a senior housing site and a nursing program. The goal of such a partnership is to train nursing students by giving them an opportunity to engage with older adults. In 2011, HSL began partnering with Curry College's Nursing Program in a new initiative to improve the coordination of care of older adults at the Simon C. Fireman Community. The model was successful and sparked the impetus for the manual.
Read the manual...