“When I was looking for colleges I wanted to be near or in Boston because that is where I saw plenty of opportunities within the IT field.”
Stacy Osorio '14
Sales Engineer, Localytics
Major: Information Technology
- Dr. Diane Webber Shares Innovative Teaching Methods at National Conference
- MESSA Project Educates Milton High Students About Substance Abuse
- Career & Internship Fair Connects Students with Employers
- More News >
- Senior Design and Studio Arts Exhibition: 'Ebb + Flow'
April 20 - May 21
- Curry Theatre Presents: 'Big Love'
April 22 - April 25
- The Keighton Fund of Curry College Presents, Die schöne Müllerin
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Nursing Faculty Co-author Manual on Partnering with Senior Communities
Nursing Faculty Co-author Manual on Partnering with Senior Communities
December 2, 2016
Nursing Faculty Dr. Maureen O'Shea, Dr. Barbara Pinchera, and Professor Margaret "Meg" Sullivan recently collaborated with Hebrew SeniorLife's (HSL) Simon C. Fireman Community in Milton to co-author the publication "Senior Housing Communities & Nursing Schools: Creating Dynamic Partnerships."
The manual is essentially a best practices guide about how to create an educational collaborative between a senior housing site and a nursing program. The goal of such a partnership is to train nursing students by giving them an opportunity to engage with older adults. In 2011, HSL began partnering with Curry College's Nursing Program in a new initiative to improve the coordination of care of older adults at the Simon C. Fireman Community. The model was successful and sparked the impetus for the manual.
Read the manual...