“It's great that Curry has shuttles going into Boston so we could do things like go to Celtics and Bruins games throughout the season.”
Monica Distefano '14
6th Grade Math Teacher
Major: Elementary Education
- Stephanny Elias Featured in U.S. News Article that Debunks Scholarship Myths
- Texas Review Press to Publish Dr. Lindsay Illich's Award-Winning Poetry Book
- New Charles River Center Internship Leaves Lasting Impression on Psychology Students
- More News >
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search
- Accepted Student Day 2017
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search (WEST COAST)
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Nursing Faculty Co-author Manual on Partnering with Senior Communities
Nursing Faculty Co-author Manual on Partnering with Senior Communities
December 2, 2016
Nursing Faculty Dr. Maureen O'Shea, Dr. Barbara Pinchera, and Professor Margaret "Meg" Sullivan recently collaborated with Hebrew SeniorLife's (HSL) Simon C. Fireman Community in Milton to co-author the publication "Senior Housing Communities & Nursing Schools: Creating Dynamic Partnerships."
The manual is essentially a best practices guide about how to create an educational collaborative between a senior housing site and a nursing program. The goal of such a partnership is to train nursing students by giving them an opportunity to engage with older adults. In 2011, HSL began partnering with Curry College's Nursing Program in a new initiative to improve the coordination of care of older adults at the Simon C. Fireman Community. The model was successful and sparked the impetus for the manual.
Read the manual...