“Dare to dream, but be not an idle dreamer. Dare to do what you dream.”
Samuel Silas Curry
- Dr. Cathleen Santos Named President of the American Nurses Association - Massachusetts (ANA-MA)
- Curry Student Film Wins Emmy® Award
- Curry College Faculty Members Awarded Whiting Foundation Fellowships
- More News >
- Senior Art & Design Exhibit: "Seeing Double"
April 28 - May 22
- Commencement 2016
- New Student Orientation 2016: First-Year Students
June 8 - June 21
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Theatre Professor Gail Phaneuf Takes Her Musical "The Love Note" Off-Broadway
Theatre Professor Gail Phaneuf Takes Her Musical "The Love Note" Off-Broadway
September 3, 2014
Award-winning playwright, director and Curry College Senior Lecturer Gail Phaneuf was recently recognized in the Boston Globe for taking her musical, "The Love Note," off-Broadway in the fall of 2014. "The Love Note" was first performed by Curry College theatre students in the spring of 2009.
From the Boston Globe article:
"It's just a universal story," Phaneuf said, of the musical, which is about a young woman dealing with school cliques and a crush. "It's not about adults working this out for kids, it's about kids working it out for kids."
A lecturer in Curry's Theatre Program since 2006, Phaneuf brings a bevy of real world experience to her students. Not only does she teach to them the elements of theatre and performance, but the program gives her students tools they can use in any profession they choose after Curry.
"Though few of my students go into theatre as a full-time career, the lessons learned here at Curry continue to help them in their everyday life. They acquire skills like public speaking, PR, design, organization, meeting deadlines, and much more."