“Dare to dream, but be not an idle dreamer. Dare to do what you dream.”
Samuel Silas Curry
- Education Student Selected for Prestigious Teaching Residency
- Dr. Ann Leonard-Zabel Presents as Global Expert on Cognitive Disorders
- Criminal Justice Students Get On-the-Job Experience with Elite Law Enforcement Team
- More News >
- Art Gallery Exhibit: Full Tilt Print Studio Presents 'Sub Rosa'
January 23 - March 6
- Accepted Student Day 2017
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search (WEST COAST)
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Krista Selnau '09 Receives Prestigious Equal Justice Fellowship
Krista Selnau '09 Receives Prestigious Equal Justice Fellowship
September 16, 2013
Krista Selnau '09, Politics and History/English, was recently awarded one of 57 law postgraduate Equal Justice Works Fellowships for the 2013-2015 fellowship term. In the fall of 2013, she started her Fellowship at Legal Aid of Arkansas' Medical-Legal Partnership at Arkansas Children's Hospital in Little Rock, Arkansas, with a focus on the Hematology/Oncology clinic.
The project is designed to identify the special needs facing children and their families in the Hematology/Oncology clinic by developing targeted screening protocols through the use of focus groups and data collection. She will address the underlying social determinants of health and will directly represent patient-clients in cases such as housing, special education and SSI/SSDI. This Equal Justice Works Fellowship is sponsored by Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld and Walmart.
Says Selnau, "Equal Justice Works Fellowships afford recent law graduates the opportunity to develop their dream job in the form of a public interest law two-year Fellowship project. I am honored and thrilled to have been chosen!"
After graduating from Curry College, Selnau graduated with a Juris Doctor degree from Suffolk University Law School in May 2012 and was sworn in as an attorney in Arkansas in May of 2013.