“When I'm on campus it reminds me of home because there are wooded areas all around. You can walk out of your residence hall and immediately enjoy a stroll on the walking paths through the forest. It's really nice to not have tall city buildings everywhere.”
Caitlyn De Serres '18
Major: Psychology, Sociology
- Alumnus and Trustee Anthony M. Campo '79 Appointed to Superior Court Judgeship
- Dean's List Honors Reception Recognizes Exceptional Students, Mentors
- Dr. Deborah C. Jackson, Hon. '14 Shares Personal Perspectives with Students
- More News >
- Senior Design and Studio Arts Exhibition: 'Ebb + Flow'
April 20 - May 21
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search (WEST COAST)
- Spring 2017 Fine Arts Performance: you | me | us, identity
May 5 - May 6
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Recent News /
- All News /
- Students Visit Global Technology Hot Spot
Students Visit Global Technology Hot Spot
March 17, 2017
Curry College students majoring and/or minoring in Business Management and Information Technology took part in a unique academic opportunity during Spring Break. Ten students and two Applied Technology faculty members, Deanna Gordon and Maryann Gallant, traveled to the West Coast and Silicon Valley to experience the hub of business and tech first-hand.
The Curry group met with representatives from the world's leading business and tech giants, including Apple, Facebook, Google and Microsoft, as well as numerous startups and museums in the area.
This biennial trip is a key piece of "The Energy of Silicon Valley," a Curry College course designed to allow students the opportunity to explore the history, culture and work environments of the tech industry at its birthplace; the Silicon Valley. Each student is assigned to blog throughout the week and reflect on the experience and share what they learn from each of the companies visited.
View photos from the trip...