“Dare to dream, but be not an idle dreamer. Dare to do what you dream.”
Samuel Silas Curry
- Alumnus and Trustee Anthony M. Campo '79 Appointed to Superior Court Judgeship
- Dean's List Honors Reception Recognizes Exceptional Students, Mentors
- Dr. Deborah C. Jackson, Hon. '14 Shares Personal Perspectives with Students
- More News >
- Senior Design and Studio Arts Exhibition: 'Ebb + Flow'
April 20 - May 21
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search (WEST COAST)
- Spring 2017 Fine Arts Performance: you | me | us, identity
May 5 - May 6
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- News & Events /
- Upcoming Events /
- All Events /
- Curry Theatre Presents: 'Big Love'
Curry Theatre Presents: 'Big Love'
April 22, 2017 - April 25, 2017
Curry College is proud to bring Big Love to the Keith Auditorium stage this spring. This production will run April 22 - 25 at 7:30 p.m. in the Keith Auditorium.
Big Love, directed by Elizabeth Singer Goldman, is playwright Charles Mee's modern twist on one of the oldest surviving Greek plays, The Suppliant Women. This play follows 50 sisters who have fled from Greece and a contract to marry their 50 cousins. Landing in Italy, the sisters meet a collection of interesting characters residing in one family's lavish home. Three sisters take up the seemingly impossible task of convincing the Italian family to aid in halting the wedding and freeing the sisters from their contractual obligation. This darkly comedic take on a classical tragedy explores themes of gender, love, and obligation.
Big Love Tickets are $10 ($5 with a Curry ID) and may be reserved at 617-333-2259 (Option 2).
Poster design by Martha Konstandinidis '18