“I chose Curry because I really enjoyed the campus feel, I felt safe there. I also looked at the students and I saw me. I felt like I could relate to them. I felt comfortable and that was really important-just fitting in.”
Alicia (Viscomi) Williams '09
Owner/President, Aliste' Internet Marketing, Inc.
- Emmy® Award-winning Film Lecturer Todd Davis Featured in Wicked Local Article
- Psychology Professor Bruce Steinberg Ph.D. Helps Research Potential New Treatment for ADHD
- Curry Nursing Student Receives Patient Advocate Award at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- More News >
- New Student Orientation 2016: Transfer Students
- Orientation 2016: First-Year Students (Newly Added One Day Session)
- Visiting Artist Exhibit: "Text. Image. Image. Text."
August 26 - October 14
- More Events >
Buildings and Grounds
The Buildings and Grounds Department is a service organization tasked with operating and maintaining all Curry College facilities, including 135 picturesque acres of land in the heart of Milton, Massachusetts, along with 46 campus buildings.
The department is comprised of the following divisions:
The office staff consists of a Director, Assistant Director, Manager of Capital Projects, Foreman of Trades, Foreman of Grounds, Senior Administrative Assistant, Administrative Assistant, Accounting Clerk, and a part-time Health & Safety Manager.
The trades crew is responsible for structural, mechanical and electrical maintenance including but not limited to the following:
- Electricity and Lighting
- HVAC (Heat, ventilation and air conditioning)
- Domestic Hot Water
- Bathroom Fixtures and Drains
- Interior and Exterior Painting
- Doors and Locks
- Window and Door Glass, Screens
- Pest control
- Trash Pick-up
The grounds crew is responsible for maintaining the grounds and outward appearance of the College. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Maintaining the D. Forbes Will Athletic Field Complex
- Event Set-ups
- Mowing, Lawn Care
- Moving Furniture
- Snow Removal
The janitorial service, McGarr Service Corp., reports to the Assistant Director and works closely with the department on a daily basis to ensure all housekeeping issues are taken care of in a timely fashion. Typical services include but are not limited to the following:
- Cleaning Residence halls, Office Areas and Academic Spaces
- Bathroom Cleaning and Stocking
- Carpet Cleaning
- Washing and Waxing VCT Flooring
- Porter service for major events
To report an emergency, make a routine maintenance request, or find more helpful information please visit the Buildings and Grounds page on the myCurry portal.