“The connections you can make in Boston, as well as the opportunities in the surrounding areas here, are second to none in the media industry. Being at Curry, there are so many different ways to get your foot in the door early, at places like NESN, The Boston Globe and Gillette Stadium, home of the New England Patriots and Revolution.”
Nick Ironside '14
Reporter, Hickory Daily Record, NC
- Sports Broadcasting Professionals Share Experiences, Career Advice with Students During Panel Discussion
- Criminal Justice Students Experience the Justice System Up Close at Newton District Trial Court
- Psychology Students, Alumni and Faculty Present Research at New England Psychology Association Conference
- More News >
- Art Exhibit: 'Absence & Presence - A Printmaking Response to the Bombing of Al-Mutanabbi Street'
November 2 - December 20
- Curry Theatre Presents: Anton Chekhov's 'The Cherry Orchard'
December 10 - December 12
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, &/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search
- More Events >
Buildings and Grounds
The Buildings and Grounds Department is a service organization tasked with operating and maintaining all Curry College facilities, including 135 picturesque acres of land in the heart of Milton, Massachusetts, along with 46 campus buildings.
The department is comprised of the following divisions:
The office staff consists of a Director, Assistant Director, Manager of Capital Projects, Foreman of Trades, Foreman of Grounds, Senior Administrative Assistant, Administrative Assistant, Accounting Clerk, and a part-time Health & Safety Manager.
The trades crew is responsible for structural, mechanical and electrical maintenance including but not limited to the following:
- Electricity and Lighting
- HVAC (Heat, ventilation and air conditioning)
- Domestic Hot Water
- Bathroom Fixtures and Drains
- Interior and Exterior Painting
- Doors and Locks
- Window and Door Glass, Screens
- Pest control
- Trash Pick-up
The grounds crew is responsible for maintaining the grounds and outward appearance of the College. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Maintaining the D. Forbes Will Athletic Field Complex
- Event Set-ups
- Mowing, Lawn Care
- Moving Furniture
- Snow Removal
The janitorial service, McGarr Service Corp., reports to the Assistant Director and works closely with the department on a daily basis to ensure all housekeeping issues are taken care of in a timely fashion. Typical services include but are not limited to the following:
- Cleaning Residence halls, Office Areas and Academic Spaces
- Bathroom Cleaning and Stocking
- Carpet Cleaning
- Washing and Waxing VCT Flooring
- Porter service for major events
To report an emergency, make a routine maintenance request, or find more helpful information please visit the Buildings and Grounds page on the myCurry portal.