- Special Dean's List Honor Reception Recognizes Exceptional Student Achievement
- Rebecca Sanford, APRN Recognized in Boston Globe "Salute to Nurses"
- Dr. Cathleen Santos Named President of the American Nurses Association - Massachusetts (ANA-MA)
- More News >
- Senior Art & Design Exhibit: "Seeing Double"
April 28 - May 22
- Dr. Ann Leonard-Zabel, Psychology Students to Present at 'Summit for Opiate Solutions'
- Commencement 2016
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- Support Curry /
- Ways to Give /
- Stocks and Securities
Stocks and Securities
Outright gifts of appreciated securities (stocks, bonds, mutual fund shares) are tax deductible at full fair market value if the donor has owned the asset for more than 12 months. To maximize tax deductions, gifts must consist of the securities themselves, not the proceeds of their sale.
Gifts of closely held stock (usually stock in a family-owned business) also carry benefits for the donor. The stock must have been held for more than 12 months to claim a charitable deduction at full fair market value. If the deduction exceeds $10,000, a qualified appraisal is required for tax purposes.
Additional details about stocks and securities are available by contacting the Office of Institutional Advancement by email or phone at (617) 333-2121.
To make a gift of stocks and securities, please download the Stocks and Securities Transfer Instructions (PDF).