- Kelly Nichols '12 Receives Everett Schools Golden Apple Award for Teaching
- Rookie Police Officer Jordan Rogers '15 Rescues Man from Deadly Apartment Fire
- Ryan Hathaway '17 Earns One of Three National Co-ops in Boston Globe Sports Department
- More News >
- New Student Orientation 2016: Transfer Students
- Orientation 2016: First-Year Students (Newly Added One Day Session)
- Visiting Artist Exhibit: "Text. Image. Image. Text."
August 26 - October 14
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- About Curry /
- Support Curry /
- Ways to Give /
- Stocks and Securities
Stocks and Securities
Outright gifts of appreciated securities (stocks, bonds, mutual fund shares) are tax deductible at full fair market value if the donor has owned the asset for more than 12 months. To maximize tax deductions, gifts must consist of the securities themselves, not the proceeds of their sale.
Gifts of closely held stock (usually stock in a family-owned business) also carry benefits for the donor. The stock must have been held for more than 12 months to claim a charitable deduction at full fair market value. If the deduction exceeds $10,000, a qualified appraisal is required for tax purposes.
Additional details about stocks and securities are available by contacting the Office of Institutional Advancement by email or phone at (617) 333-2121.
To make a gift of stocks and securities, please download the Stocks and Securities Transfer Instructions (PDF).