- Dr. Diane Webber Shares Innovative Teaching Methods at National Conference
- MESSA Project Educates Milton High Students About Substance Abuse
- Career & Internship Fair Connects Students with Employers
- More News >
- Senior Design and Studio Arts Exhibition: 'Ebb + Flow'
April 20 - May 21
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search (WEST COAST)
- Spring 2017 Fine Arts Performance: you | me | us, identity
May 5 - May 6
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Campus Life /
- Fitness and Recreation /
- Club Sports /
- Equestrian Club
The Equestrian Club provides a place where equestrians can come together in their shared enthusiasm of horses and riding. The club provides access to horseback riding opportunities at all levels and provides opportunities for club members to take lessons together as well as participate in Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA) sanctioned events. Equestrian Club members take weekly riding lessons where they have the opportunity to ride and care for the horses.
Membership is open to Curry College students, faculty, and staff, regardless of riding level. Membership is also available to individuals who do not want to ride, but would like to share their enthusiasm for horses with other equestrians.
Club meetings are held weekly. Interested students are encouraged to attend a meeting to find out how to get involved.
Riding lessons are scheduled at the beginning of every semester. Club members have an opportunity to participate in weekly lessons after being evaluated (evaluations are scheduled at the beginning of the semester). Riders who participate in lessons are required to adhere to the policies of the stables.
Club members who are interested in competing in IHSA events may show with the Equestrian Team. The team competes against area colleges in approximately eight shows a year. Riders who show with the team are expected to attend all lessons and meetings and are required to purchase their own show apparel.
For more information about the Equestrian Club, Show Team, schedules, riding lessons and meetings, please contact Equestrian Coach, Jennifer Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Curry College Fitness Center at 617-391-5137, email@example.com.