- Nursing Students Highlighted in Brockton Enterprise Story on Homeward Bound Program
- Recent Communication Alumni Interview the Stars
- Alumni Educate Children with Autism in Abu Dhabi
- More News >
- Alumni Art and Design Exhibit: Here & Back
October 22 - December 9
- Open House, Session 2 - Fall 2016
- New York City Reception for Alumni, Parents and Friends
- More Events >
Information for Graduating Students
Students Eligible to Participate in Commencement
In order to participate in Commencement, a student needs to meet all of the following criteria.
- Be within nine (9) credits of degree completion
- Have a GPA of 2.0 or better
- Be in good financial standing with the College. Please be aware that all Curry bills must be paid in full in order to participate in Commencement and to receive your degree.
- Have not participated in the previous year's Commencement ceremony
*Master's degree candidates must have completed all degree requirements, and have a GPA of 3.0 or better
Students who have any questions regarding eligibility to participate in Commencement should contact their academic advisor.
Traditional Day students need to complete the 'Intent to Graduate' form located on the myCurry portal under the Seniors tab. Continuing Education and Graduate students can access the online form through the myCurry Portal:
- Click on the Academic Services tab
- Click on Intent to Graduate Form (under Academic Links in the left column)
Caps and Gowns/Senior Outcomes Survey
Graduates are reminded that caps and gowns are required for all participants. Caps and gowns will be available for purchase at the bookstore approximately May 2 and must be picked up prior to Commencement day. There is no need for bachelor's degree recipients to place an order with the bookstore. We will have a variety of sizes available. The cost of regalia for bachelor's degree candidates is $48 plus sales tax. Master's degree candidates must purchase their regalia by April 7 at a cost of $60 plus tax. If you have questions, please call the bookstore at (617) 333-2322. All regalia must be picked up by Friday, May 15.
All seniors must complete an Outcomes Survey (emailed to students on April 14) before purchasing their cap and gown. Once completed, you will receive a voucher to pick up your cap and gown at the Commencement Fair on Tuesday, April 19. We encourage ALL STUDENTS to complete the survey before the Commencement Fair since it will not only speed up the process of receiving your cap and gown but will help to prevent long lines at the fair.
*Continuing Education graduates do not complete the Senior Survey
Commencement Fair- Everything you need all in one place!*
Date: Tuesday, April 19
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Location: Student Center
*NOTE: For Traditional Undergraduates Only
- Pick up your cap and gown
- Pick up your graduation tickets and parking passes
- Complete the Senior Survey
- Settle outstanding financial matters with Student Financial Services
Class of 2016 Orator and Singer
The Dean of Students Office is seeking traditional day division students in the Class of 2016 who are interested in becoming the class speaker or the singer of the National Anthem. Applications will be available in the Office of Campus Life starting March 21.
Date: Saturday, May 21, 2016
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: D. Forbes Will Athletic Complex
Traditional undergraduate students in the Class of 2016 are required to attend the Commencement rehearsal. Those graduating from the Division of Continuing Education and Graduate Studies who plan to participate in the Commencement ceremony should also plan to attend the rehearsal. At rehearsal, students will receive instructions as to where they will be placed in the Commencement procession and honor cords. The Class of 2016's salutatorian and valedictorian will also be announced at rehearsal.
Arrival Time for Commencement
Graduating students are expected to arrive on campus no later than 8:30 a.m. on Sunday, May 22, 2016 for formations of the procession.
Traditional undergraduate students should gather at the Miller Gymnasium where they will receive instructions regarding the line formation. If a student experiences difficulty with his/her cap and/or gown (i.e. size, etc.), bookstore representatives will have a table in the Miller Field House and will be available in the bookstore.
Continuing Education and Graduate Students should gather in the Hafer Academic Building.
As a reminder, for your safety, dogs are not permitted at the ceremony.