- Education Student Selected for Prestigious Teaching Residency
- Dr. Ann Leonard-Zabel Presents as Global Expert on Cognitive Disorders
- Criminal Justice Students Get On-the-Job Experience with Elite Law Enforcement Team
- More News >
- Art Gallery Exhibit: Full Tilt Print Studio Presents 'Sub Rosa'
January 23 - March 6
- Accepted Student Day 2017
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search (WEST COAST)
- More Events >
A Tale of Two Mayors
It is the best of times; it is the worst of times.
It is the age of job creation; it is the age of economic uncertainty. It is the era of Obamacare; it is the era of health care reform. It is the season of bipartisan collaboration; it is the season of presidential debate. It is a period of rapid innovation; it is a period of thoughtful preservation.
It is also the time of the first Mayoral terms for Curry College alumni Stephen Zanni '68 and David Cook '84, who are currently serving their charming, yet dissimilar hometowns.
Zanni serves as the Mayor of Methuen, a bustling city to Boston's north that once served as a center of industry. Cook serves the quiet township of Cranbury, New Jersey, a rural community on the route connecting New York City and Philadelphia. Zanni is paving the way for industry and uniting his community; Cook is preserving history and boosting business. Zanni keeps a tiny clock on his desk to track hours spent at City Hall; in Cook's small town, the mayor works from home.
While it might seem impossible that these two mayors, with unique visions for two very different corners of America, would have anything in common - other than their educational roots at Curry, of course - they are actually working through the very same issues during their first term in office: job creation, economic reform, healthcare, education and even historic preservation. The methods they elect to address these hot-button issues are different - tailored to oblige the citizens they represent. However, they are both dedicated to their new role, and share a common goal of seeing their communities through the best of times and the worst...