New Majors Available Fall 2016 - Accounting and Leadership
Months to Complete the Curry Leadership Program
Year that Curry's Plymouth Campus was established
# of Majors offered to Continuing Education students
# of CE class meetings per week - Evenings and Saturdays
transfer credits which can be applied toward a bachelor's degree
average age of the Curry Continuing Education student
Average # of students in a Continuing Education class
“All of my professors want us to take away relevant information that applies to the workplace, and they really deliver. At my job, I've noticed how I'll be working on an issue and realize I just studied that topic in class. It's great to see how the theory from our textbooks applies to real-world situations.”
Shannon Boggs '11
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Continuing Education Programs /
- Certificate Programs /
Accounting plays a critical role in business. It affects a company's direction and success and has an impact on all facets of the economy. Accounting, bookkeeping, and auditing clerks hold more than 2 million jobs in this country and are employed in every industry. Many job openings will occur each year in the accounting field, and the majority of new jobs will be created in small, rapidly growing organizations.
The Accounting Certificate is designed to help you develop expertise and technical skills to pursue a career in private or public accounting, or to further your education in graduate school. It is well-suited to those interested in developing accounting skills for a current management position or for those seeking to obtain accounting-related positions such as: general ledger accountants, payroll managers, cash managers, credit and collection managers, internal auditors and full-charge bookkeepers. The certificate also provides business professionals with the opportunity to enhance their already established careers in other fields.
* The Accounting Certificate program is offered at the Milton Campus only.
Who Should Pursue this Program?
The Curry College Accounting Certificate program is designed to meet the needs of:
- Individuals interested in pursuing a new career in accounting who need to gain a foundation in the accounting field
- Non-accounting professionals and entry level managers who want to understand modern accounting principles and practices, gain valuable skills and expand their knowledge base and professional opportunities
- Individuals with degrees other than accounting who need a greater understanding of accounting principles
- Business owners who want to strengthen their business practices
- Those seeking careers in tax preparation or management accounting
This program is open to anyone seeking a stand-alone certificate program, regardless of whether you already hold a bachelor's degree or not. For those who wish to return to school to complete a bachelor's degree on a part-time basis, consider completing this certificate to augment your professional skills, while you work on your degree requirements. The credits received in this certificate may be applied toward a degree. This certificate program, is not designed to prepare learners for the CPA or CMA exam.
What You Will Learn
- Technical and conceptual knowledge and skills required of accountants
- Preparation, analysis, and presentation of financial statements and reports, including income statement, balance sheet, statement of cash flow, and tax reports
- How to apply problem-solving skills and accounting principles in a business setting
- The ability to analyze, critique and incorporate various accounting and related principles, methods and techniques
- Understanding of the various types of ownership and the implications they have on financial reporting and analysis
|ACNT 1010 Financial Accounting||3|
|ACNT 1011 Managerial Accounting||3|
|ACNT 2010 Intermediate Accounting I||3|
|ACNT 2011 Intermediate Accounting II||3|
|ACNT 2020 Individual Federal Income Tax||3|
|ACNT 3010 Cost Accounting||3|
Total credits required to complete the certificate program: 18