New Majors Available Fall 2016 - Accounting and Leadership
Months to Complete the Curry Leadership Program
Year that Curry's Plymouth Campus was established
# of Majors offered to Continuing Education students
# of CE class meetings per week - Evenings and Saturdays
transfer credits which can be applied toward a bachelor's degree
average age of the Curry Continuing Education student
Average # of students in a Continuing Education class
“The professors at Curry College bring real life experience and examples into the classroom, which has had an immediate impact on my career.”
Melissa Shaw '05
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Continuing Education Programs /
- Professional Development /
- Paralegal Certificate Program /
- Paralegal Schedules and Courses
Paralegal Schedules and Courses
Curry's "Cohort" Learning Model
Curry's Paralegal Certificate Program is delivered in a cohort format to allow you to complete the entire program with the same group of learners. Cohort learning creates a community of learners who study together, provide support for one another, discuss common concerns, and generate networking opportunities.
The next Paralegal Certificate cohort begins in February 2017. Download the upcoming schedule (PDF).
- Real Estate - Focuses on the legal principles and practical skills involved in real estate transactions, with particular attention to title searches, the anatomy of the deed and deed preparation, purchase and sale agreements, HUD settlement statements, and other components common in a residential real estate transaction.
- Probate - Learn the process of settling an estate, taking Inventory, Accounting for the assets and liabilities of the estate, and the basics of estate taxation and estate planning.
- Litigation - Reviews the court system, how litigators and paralegals work together, and civil litigation from pre-litigation through appeal period. You will have the opportunity to learn about and become skilled at working with the Massachusetts Rules of Civil Procedure, a wide range of litigation documents, court papers, pleadings, and client materials, as well as developing an understanding about procedures used in preparing for trial with a heavy emphasis on pre-trial discovery, including e-discovery.
- Business Organizations - Learn the structure of various forms of business ownership, the process and consequences of incorporation, the nature of intellectual property and a practical understanding of securities regulation and corporate finance alternatives. Elements of paralegal practice include corporate name searches, preparation of corporate filings, review of relevant laws and regulations, an overview of corporate governance and compliance topics, the issuance of corporate stock and an introduction to Article IX of the Uniform Commercial Code.
- Legal Research and Writing - Research case law and statutes using law books and the Internet. You will learn how to interpret and locate legal materials and research and write a legal memorandum for an attorney.
- Ethics for the Paralegal - Learn the roles and responsibilities of paralegals and the parameters of their work, including the unauthorized practice of law.
Course Schedule -- A Convenient Hybrid Format
Curry's Paralegal Certificate Program is delivered in a hybrid learning format to allow you to attend classes on campus, two evenings a week from 6:30-9:30, every other week. During the alternating weeks, instructor-led classes are held online to allow you to complete coursework and assignments at times convenient for you. In addition, you will attend two on-campus Saturday classes each month that meet from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Upon acceptance into the program, you will receive a complete and detailed schedule. You will also be provided with instruction at the program orientation on how to use the online course software.