Year that Curry's Plymouth Campus was established
# of Majors offered to Continuing Education students
# of CE class meetings per week - Evenings and Saturdays
transfer credits which can be applied toward a bachelor's degree
average age of the Curry Continuing Education student
Average # of students in a Continuing Education class
“All of my professors want us to take away relevant information that applies to the workplace, and they really deliver. At my job, I've noticed how I'll be working on an issue and realize I just studied that topic in class. It's great to see how the theory from our textbooks applies to real-world situations.”
Shannon Boggs '11
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Continuing Education Programs /
- Professional Development /
- SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP /
- SHRM Learning System Course Information
SHRM Learning System Course Information
Curry College offers the SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification at both the Milton and Plymouth campuses.
Milton Campus Section 1: Wednesdays; February 17 - May 4
6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Milton Campus Section 2: Saturdays; February 20, March 5, 19, April 2, 16 and 30
9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Plymouth Campus: Saturdays; February 13, March 5, 19, April 2, 16, and 30
9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
The course tuition includes all course materials but does not cover registration for the SHRM examinations.
Who Should Enroll in This Course?
Our certification preparation course is designed primarily for individuals seeking SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification.
Not ready for certification? Then check out SHRM Essentials.
Certification is a great choice for HR professionals who want to:
- Increase their knowledge
- Advance their skills
- Earn recognition from the global community
- Applicants must show that they have worked in an HR role for more than 1,000 hours within a calendar year, which equates to 1 year of experience.
- HR experience may be in an HR exempt or nonexempt capacity.
- Applicants with a graduate degree (or global equivalency) in HR must currently be employed in an HR role.
- HR experience may be classified directly, as working in an HR role, or indirectly, by consulting, educating or researching HR practices linked specifically to human resource management.
- SHRM membership is not required.
Advancing your career. For those not seeking certification, the SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP course provides a comprehensive and accelerated option for professional development. Participants gain a generalist viewpoint, refresh key ideas and concepts, strengthen their understanding of core HR competencies and increase productivity.
For more information or to help answer further questions, please review FAQs about the SHRM Learning System.
The SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP includes five modules covering the comprehensive SHRM BoCK so you'll learn everything you need for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam.
- HR Competencies
- Leadership & Navigation
- Ethical Practice
- Business Acumen
- Relationship Management
- Critical Evaluation
- Global & Cultural Effectiveness
- Talent Acquisition & Retention
- Employee Engagement
- Learning & Development
- Total Rewards
- Structure of the HR Function
- Organizational Effectiveness & Development
- Workforce Management
- Employee Relations
- Technology & Data
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Risk Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Employment Law & Regulations (U.S. only)
- Business & HR Strategy