- Sports Broadcasting Professionals Share Experiences, Career Advice with Students During Panel Discussion
- Criminal Justice Students Experience the Justice System Up Close at Newton District Trial Court
- Psychology Students, Alumni and Faculty Present Research at New England Psychology Association Conference
- More News >
- Art Exhibit: 'Absence & Presence - A Printmaking Response to the Bombing of Al-Mutanabbi Street'
November 2 - December 20
- The Keighton Fund of Curry College Presents, 'WWI: The Music and Times 100 Years Later'
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, &/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Graduate Programs /
- Business Administration (MBA) /
- Apply - MBA /
Prerequisite courses are an important foundation of the MBA curriculum. Because this unique degree accepts students with diverse disciplinary backgrounds, the prerequisite courses ensure a common ‘language' of business. Some students may have achieved a minimum level of background knowledge in some areas of business through their professional achievements. However, all students must have completed coursework in seminal disciplines. Those are economics, accounting, and statistics.
Therefore, students must complete the following courses in preparation for their graduate program:
- Principles of Economics - Micro or Principles of Economics - Macro
- Accounting I and II or Financial Accounting
Curry College's Division of Continuing Education schedules these courses on a regular basis. Please speak with the Director of Graduate Enrollment or with an Academic Advisor to be sure that courses you plan to take will fulfill the prerequisite requirements.
The MBA Capstone is an applied research project where students, working as a team of consultants, partner with a business to solve specific challenges facing the organization. Past business partners include Cisco Brewers, as shown in this video, and Reebok International Ltd.
The Summer 2015 cohort of MBA students was tasked with helping Brockton Rox Stadium operators identify areas of growth outside of the summer baseball season. Read more...
Professor Steve Gunning speaks about what makes the Curry MBA "distinctly unique." Read more...
Curry MBA students team up for Reebok business consulting. Read more...
"I was ready to learn more about business and be more prepared in the world I was working in," explains Lynne Santangelo '14. "I really wanted to have a say, and I wanted people to respect me and my analytical skills. Curry has given me a foundation that has really helped me be a confident person and leader."
"When I thought about getting my MBA, it was really about how I could expand what I know and how I interact with my business," recalls Dawn Erickson '14. "How can I tell our employees that they should always be learning and developing if I'm not doing that myself?"
"Having completed the program I feel more confident in my abilities. I'm more knowledgeable and the capacity of what I can take on has been greatly expanded. With this program under my belt, I can do more. I have a better understanding of how the business world works." Read more...
Ebony Joseph '11 talks about how the Curry MBA Program helped her develop leadership skills, network with other professionals and build friendships.
Dr. Shavindrie ("Shavi") Cooray examines the relationships between humans and technology with her students by embracing technology and by looking at the bigger picture - something she has done extensively in her Ph.D. research and as a former analyst in the corporate world.