# of federal agencies which use data mining technology (2007)
# of different data mining programs in use in the U.S. (2007)
total (in billions) Americans lost to identity theft in 06-07
Million Americans victimized by identity theft (2006-2007)
“Justice is truth in action.”
- "Curry Prime Time Report" Newscast and Student-Produced Film, "Reflexivity" Both Finalists in National Media Competition
- Trustee Joyce A. Murphy recognized as one of Worcester Business Journal’s Outstanding Women in Business
- Sports Broadcasting Professionals Share Experiences, Career Advice with Students During Panel Discussion
- More News >
- Art Exhibit: "Primary Sources" - Highlighting the works of self-taught African American artists from the South
January 25 - March 6
- The Curry College Young Alumni Council Presents: Networking Night
- Accepted Student Day 2016
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Graduate Programs /
- Criminal Justice /
- Tuition & Financial Aid /
- Dollar$ and $ense: What You Need To Know About Money Management
Dollar$ and $ense: What You Need To Know About Money Management
Welcome to Curry College's Financial Literacy homepage. We are offering this information to you to help you become an educated consumer about topics such as budgeting, credit management, debt management including your student loans, repayment information and financial planning. Our goal is for you to become familiar with these topics so you can make sound decisions regarding your finances while enrolled at Curry and as well as after graduation.
Attending college can be an exciting time in a student's life. For many, it is the first time living away from home and being solely responsible for managing certain aspects of one's non-academic life like money management. While concentrating on academics is a student's primary focus, understanding concepts of finance is also an important part of a student's education. All too often students graduate from college with little or no understanding on how to manage their finances just at a time when new expenses such as rent, student loan and credit card payments are becoming a reality.
We hope you find the information and additional resources offered to be helpful.
SAVING AND INVESTING
- Checking and Savings Accounts
- Investment and Retirement Accounts
UNDERSTANDING MY CREDIT
- What is a Credit Score?
- Credit Report and Credit Rating
- Repairing My Credit
- Installment and Revolving Credit
- Debit and Credit Cards
PAYING FOR COLLEGE
- Student Loans
- Payment Plans
- Responsible Borrowing
- Paying Back My Student Loans
- Options for My Loan Repayment
- Tracking My Debt
- How to Reduce Your Risk of Identity Theft
- What to Do if Your Identity Is Stolen
MANAGE MY MONEY
- What is a Budget?
- My Spending Habits
- Saving for My Future
On May 12, students, faculty and staff from the Curry College Master of Arts in Criminal Justice Program teamed up with Grandmothers against Gun Violence Cape Cod to tackle important questions during the "New Directions in Violence Prevention" Conference, hosted on the Curry campus. Read more...
Students in Curry's MACJ program shared their research, conducted in conjunction with the Boston Police Department, on advancing innovative programs for community safety. Read more...
The Massachusetts Association of Criminal Justice Education (MACJE) has recognized the Curry College Master of Arts Program (MACJ) with an award for "Innovation in Criminal Justice." Read more.
Dawn Porter, a lawyer turned filmmaker, visited Curry College to screen her film Gideon's Army and lead a discussion for "The Social Justice Series," in April 2014. Read more.
"Pursuing and earning a master's degree gives you an advantage in terms of the growth of your career and in terms of having more knowledge to draw upon," says John Fratolillo '09. "For me, it was about applying that knowledge to my everyday work life."
Carrie Hormanski chose Curry College for her bachelor's degree in criminal justice, and decided to continue her education with Curry's Master of Arts in Criminal Justice degree program. Read more