“After many years of working in one industry, it is very frightening in some ways to change careers. The supportive staff at Curry College truly made the transition easier for me. I would strongly recommend Curry College to any career-changer.”
John McCarthy '09
Major: Master of Education
- Curry Duo Recognized as Massachusetts Nurse of the Year Finalists
- Student’s Advocacy Earns Her a Trip to the White House
- Psychology Faculty, Alumni, Student Present Research at NEPA Conference
- More News >
- Alumni Art and Design Exhibit: Here & Back
October 22 - December 9
- The Keighton Fund of Curry College Presents, 'Stormy Weather: Music and Politics in the 20s, 30s and WWII'
- Curry Theatre Presents: Green Day's 'American Idiot'
December 7 - December 10
- More Events >
CHOOSE YOUR FOCUS
Curry College's Graduate Programs in Education include the following licensure programs:
- Elementary Education - Teacher of Children Grades 1-6
- Special Education - Teacher of Children with Moderate Disabilities, Grades PreK-8
- Second License in either Elementary or Special Education
- Principal/Assistant Principal (PreK-6, 5-8, 9-12)
- Supervisor/Director (all levels)
- Special Education Director (all levels)
All licensure programs have been approved by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
Curry offers a unique combination of features including:
Hybrid/Blended Cohort Model
All classes are delivered in a hybrid/blended format, combining in-class and online activities. You'll be part of a cohort, which means that you'll study with the same group of professionals.
Video - The Advantages of THE M.Ed. cohort model
Know your schedule in advance
Cohorts meet the same evening each week throughout the program. Occasional Saturday classes and special activities are announced well in advance so you can plan ahead and help maintain balance while you pursue an advanced degree.
Learn with Exceptional Faculty
Our faculty has longstanding experience as teachers, principals, special education directors, and other leadership positions in Massachusetts public and private school systems.
Request More Information
Learn more about the program, admission requirements, and financial assistance
Division of Continuing and Graduate Studies
Milton Campus: 617-333-2364
Plymouth Campus: 508-747-2424
On May 9, 2016, M.Ed. candidates provided presentations that analyzed student learning based on practicum experiences. Read more.
M.Ed. alum Jill Palenstijn '14, and two other M.Ed. alums, returned to Curry to share first-year teaching experiences. Read more.
"I had a job, but didn't have a career. I decided to pay a visit to my cousin's fourth grade classroom to explore teaching. That was the exact spark I needed," says third-grade teacher Nilza Grassa. "It was my ah-ha moment." Read more...
Jeannine Hatch, M.Ed. '06 shares her experience going back to school to change her career from Accountant to Elementary School teacher.