“After many years of working in one industry, it is very frightening in some ways to change careers. The supportive staff at Curry College truly made the transition easier for me. I would strongly recommend Curry College to any career-changer.”
John McCarthy '09
Major: Master of Education
- Sports Broadcasting Professionals Share Experiences, Career Advice with Students During Panel Discussion
- Criminal Justice Students Experience the Justice System Up Close at Newton District Trial Court
- Psychology Students, Alumni and Faculty Present Research at New England Psychology Association Conference
- More News >
- Art Exhibit: 'Absence & Presence - A Printmaking Response to the Bombing of Al-Mutanabbi Street'
November 2 - December 20
- Curry Theatre Presents: Anton Chekhov's 'The Cherry Orchard'
December 10 - December 12
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, &/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Graduate Programs /
- Education /
- Apply - M.Ed.
Apply - M.Ed.
Step Into Your Best Future
When you apply to Curry College, you'll start the degree program that puts you on the path to success. Our friendly team is here to help you every step of the way.
Begin the application process online
Print and mail the M.Ed. application (PDF) to the Graduate Studies location where you plan to take classes.
Elementary Education or Special Education
- An earned Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
- Passing scores on the Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure (MTEL) Communication and Literacy Skills Test (CLST)
- Your official undergraduate transcript and any graduate transcripts(s) sent to Curry College in a sealed envelope directly from the academic institution(s)
- Your current resume
- A typed 2-3 page personal statement that describes your interest in becoming a teacher, what strengths you will bring to the M.Ed. program, any challenges you may face while in the program, and relevant life experience that may have influenced your career choice
- Two sealed letters of recommendation completed on the Curry M.Ed. Recommendation Form
- One from an individual who has supervised you in a paid or volunteer work setting
- One from an individual who is in a position to evaluate your potential for graduate education
- A copy of your passing MTEL scores for the Communication and Literacy Skills Test (CLST)
Step 2. Meet with a member of the M.Ed. Admissions Committee.
Upon receipt of your application, resume, personal statement, and letters of recommendation (items 1 through 4 above), the Graduate Studies office will begin processing your M.Ed. application and will contact you to schedule an appointment for an Admission Interview. Although you must also submit your passing MTEL scores for the CLST, we urge you to forward items 1 through 4 above as early as possible, even if you do not yet have your other application materials completed.
Mail your completed Application for Admission, along with your application materials as they become available, and a non-refundable application fee of $50 payable to Curry College to:
Curry College Curry College
Office of Graduate Studies Office of Graduate Studies
1071 Blue Hill Avenue 20 North Park Avenue
Milton, MA 02186 Plymouth, MA 02360
Michelle Ng, pictured above, and other M.Ed. students from both the Milton and Plymouth campuses presented their capstone research on December 10, 2014. Read more.
"I had a job, but didn't have a career. I decided to pay a visit to my cousin's fourth grade classroom to explore teaching. That was the exact spark I needed," says third-grade teacher Nilza Grassa. "It was my ah-ha moment." Read more...
Jeannine Hatch, M.Ed. '06 shares her experience going back to school to change her career from Accountant to Elementary School teacher.