- Education Student Selected for Prestigious Teaching Residency
- Dr. Ann Leonard-Zabel Presents as Global Expert on Cognitive Disorders
- Criminal Justice Students Get On-the-Job Experience with Elite Law Enforcement Team
- More News >
- Art Gallery Exhibit: Full Tilt Print Studio Presents 'Sub Rosa'
January 23 - March 6
- Accepted Student Day 2017
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search (WEST COAST)
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Graduate Programs /
- Education /
- Earn a Second Teaching License
Earn a Second Teaching License
Did you know that experienced teachers who hold an initial or professional license in elementary education or moderate disabilities can earn a second license in one of these areas by completing just two additional courses and a practicum? You can earn your second license by enrolling in either Curry's Milton or Plymouth campus to complete your coursework and fieldwork requirements.
What You Need to Know to Obtain Your Second License
- Our advisors will help you select the required coursework needed to fulfill the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) second licensure requirements.
- If you are currently teaching, Curry College will work with your school to coordinate the completion of the 150 hour DESE required Practicum in your current school system in your new license area.
How to Apply for Admission
- Provide evidence of your current teaching license
- Provide evidence of passing scores on the relevant MTEL tests
- Submit your master's degree transcript
- Submit your completed admission application
- Submit an updated resume
- Schedule an advising session via phone or in person to review coursework requirements
Request More Information
Learn more about the program, coursework requirements, and financial assistance
Division of Continuing and Graduate Studies
Milton Campus: 617-333-2364
Plymouth Campus: 508-747-2424
- Apply now to enroll. (Download application/PDF)