Earn a Second Teaching License

Did you know that experienced teachers who hold an initial or professional license in elementary education or moderate disabilities can earn a second license in one of these areas by completing just two additional courses and a practicum? You can earn your second license by enrolling in either Curry's Milton or Plymouth campus to complete your coursework and fieldwork requirements.

What You Need to Know to Obtain Your Second License

  • Our advisors will help you select the required coursework needed to fulfill the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) second licensure requirements. 
  • If you are currently teaching, Curry College will work with your school to coordinate the completion of the 150 hour DESE required Practicum in your current school system in your new license area.

How to Apply for Admission

  • Provide evidence of your current teaching license
  • Provide evidence of passing scores on the relevant MTEL tests
  • Submit your master's degree transcript
  • Submit your completed admission application
  • Submit an updated resume
  • Schedule an advising session via phone or in person to review coursework requirements

Request More Information

Learn more about the program, coursework requirements, and financial assistance

Request Information Button

Division of Continuing and Graduate Studies
E-mail: med@curry.edu
Milton Campus: 617-333-2364
Plymouth Campus: 508-747-2424




Our Graduate Program Alumni

Meet the graduate program alumni of Curry College.

Directions & Maps

Find directions to Curry College, along with helpful campus maps.

Follow Us

Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Watch us on YouTube...and more!

Campus Calendar

Campus events, game days, important dates, deadlines and more.


© Curry College 1071 Blue Hill Ave, Milton, Massachusetts 02186 | 617-333-0500