“After many years of working in one industry, it is very frightening in some ways to change careers. The supportive staff at Curry College truly made the transition easier for me. I would strongly recommend Curry College to any career-changer.”
John McCarthy '09
Major: Master of Education
- Connecticut Governor Dannel P. Malloy Delivers Commencement Address
- 47th Annual Awards Recognition Ceremony Celebrates the Best of Curry 2015-2016
- Steve Sargent, MACJ '04 Named Chief of Worcester Police Department
- More News >
- New Student Orientation 2016: First-Year Students
June 8 - June 21
- New Student Orientation 2016: Transfer Students
- Homecoming and Family Weekend 2016
October 21 - October 23
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Graduate Programs /
- Education /
- Schedules & Courses
Schedules & Courses
New cohorts will begin at our Milton and Plymouth Campuses in the Fall 2016 - preview the schedule (PDF).
MTEL Information and workshops
- Master of Education Course Descriptions (PDF)
- Continuing and Graduate Studies Course Catalog 2015-2016 (PDF)
As a student in the Curry College M.Ed. Program, you will be part of a cohort group. That means that the same students will be in all of your classes for the entire program, start to finish. Cohort group learning has proven to be very effective for adult learners because it creates a community of professionals who can study together, provide support, discuss common on-the-job problems, and offer networking opportunities.
On May 9, 2016, M.Ed. candidates provided presentations that analyzed student learning based on practicum experiences. Read more.
M.Ed. alum Jill Palenstijn '14, and two other M.Ed. alums, returned to Curry to share first-year teaching experiences. Read more.
"I had a job, but didn't have a career. I decided to pay a visit to my cousin's fourth grade classroom to explore teaching. That was the exact spark I needed," says third-grade teacher Nilza Grassa. "It was my ah-ha moment." Read more...
Jeannine Hatch, M.Ed. '06 shares her experience going back to school to change her career from Accountant to Elementary School teacher.