“I live on the South Shore and had heard positive things about Curry College. The fact that Curry has smaller classes and that the student population in the program tends to be older were the selling points for me.”
John McCarthy '09
Major: Master of Education
- Stephanny Elias Featured in U.S. News Article that Debunks Scholarship Myths
- Texas Review Press to Publish Dr. Lindsay Illich's Award-Winning Poetry Book
- New Charles River Center Internship Leaves Lasting Impression on Psychology Students
- More News >
- Art Gallery Exhibit: Full Tilt Print Studio Presents 'Sub Rosa'
January 23 - March 6
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search
- Accepted Student Day 2017
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Graduate Programs /
- Education /
- M.Ed. - Special Education
M.Ed. - Special Education
Team-Based Learning and Benefits
As you complete your course work, you and your peers will benefit from our cohort-based learning community that models the team-oriented educational workplace. In addition to hands-on fieldwork experiences in actual classrooms, you'll explore key concepts of successful educational practice, including literacy, curriculum development and lesson planning, classroom management strategies, psycho-educational assessment, creating individualized lesson plans (IEPs) and techniques to adapt and differentiate lessons for different learners.
Before you apply, you'll need to:
- Earn a passing score on the MTEL communication and literacy skills tests
- Demonstrate basic computer skills and have regular access to a computer so you can complete the online components of the program
Schedules and Courses
Upcoming OPEn house
Request More Information
Learn more about the program, coursework requirements, and financial assistance
Division of Continuing and Graduate Studies
Milton Campus: 617-333-2364
Plymouth Campus: 508-747-2424
M.Ed. - Request Info
M.Ed. Candidates Present Practicum Projects
On May 9, 2016, M.Ed. candidates provided presentations that analyzed student learning based on practicum experiences. Read more.
M.Ed. Alums Share Teaching Experiences
M.Ed. alum Jill Palenstijn '14, and two other M.Ed. alums, returned to Curry to share first-year teaching experiences. Read more.
Meet Nilza Grassa '15
"I had a job, but didn't have a career. I decided to pay a visit to my cousin's fourth grade classroom to explore teaching. That was the exact spark I needed," says third-grade teacher Nilza Grassa. "It was my ah-ha moment." Read more...
Video: Why Pursue an M.Ed. at Curry College?
Video: The Rewards of Completing Your M.Ed.
Video: Jeannine Hatch '06 - M.Ed. Program
Jeannine Hatch, M.Ed. '06 shares her experience going back to school to change her career from Accountant to Elementary School teacher.
Meet John Doyle '10