“After many years of working in one industry, it is very frightening in some ways to change careers. The supportive staff at Curry College truly made the transition easier for me. I would strongly recommend Curry College to any career-changer.”
John McCarthy '09
Major: Master of Education
- Curry Duo Recognized as Massachusetts Nurse of the Year Finalists
- Student’s Advocacy Earns Her a Trip to the White House
- Psychology Faculty, Alumni, Student Present Research at NEPA Conference
- More News >
- Alumni Art and Design Exhibit: Here & Back
October 22 - December 9
- Curry Theatre Presents: Green Day's 'American Idiot'
December 7 - December 10
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Graduate Programs /
- Education /
- M.Ed. - Special Education
M.Ed. - Special Education
Team-Based Learning and Benefits
As you complete your course work, you and your peers will benefit from our cohort-based learning community that models the team-oriented educational workplace. In addition to hands-on fieldwork experiences in actual classrooms, you'll explore key concepts of successful educational practice, including literacy, curriculum development and lesson planning, classroom management strategies, psycho-educational assessment, creating individualized lesson plans (IEPs) and techniques to adapt and differentiate lessons for different learners.
Before you apply, you'll need to:
- Earn a passing score on the MTEL communication and literacy skills tests
- Demonstrate basic computer skills and have regular access to a computer so you can complete the online components of the program
Schedules and Courses
Upcoming OPEn house
Request More Information
Learn more about the program, coursework requirements, and financial assistance
Division of Continuing and Graduate Studies
Milton Campus: 617-333-2364
Plymouth Campus: 508-747-2424
On May 9, 2016, M.Ed. candidates provided presentations that analyzed student learning based on practicum experiences. Read more.
M.Ed. alum Jill Palenstijn '14, and two other M.Ed. alums, returned to Curry to share first-year teaching experiences. Read more.
"I had a job, but didn't have a career. I decided to pay a visit to my cousin's fourth grade classroom to explore teaching. That was the exact spark I needed," says third-grade teacher Nilza Grassa. "It was my ah-ha moment." Read more...
Jeannine Hatch, M.Ed. '06 shares her experience going back to school to change her career from Accountant to Elementary School teacher.